MLB Post Season Awards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Post Season Awards...

Share your choices for the coveted post season awards.

Here are my selections:

National League

MVP: Pujols (Although I believe A. Jones will win.)
    Cy Young: Carpenter
    Manager of Year: TLR:

I believe this is TLR's best job of managing ever given the rash of injuries, and the necessity of utilizing such inexperienced players. (Although I believe Cox will win.)

Comeback Player: Griffey, Jr. (runner up, Burrell, Phillies.)
    Fireman of the Year: Cordero (Nationals)

American League

MVP: Rodriguez (New York) Ortiz (runner up, Ortiz, Boston):

Big Papi will probably take home the honors despite being a DH, but Arod plays the field everyday, and is among the tops in each major category although his team is on the outside looking in in each race. And despite being totally out of the race, Texas' Texeira is certainly deserving.

Cy Young: Bartolo Colon (LAA)
    Manager of Year: Guillen (White Sox)
    Comeback Player: Giambi

Probably a controversial pick, but Giambi's turned his entire season, and likely his career, around in one half season.

Fireman of the Year: Rivera (Yankees)
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Why wouldn't Arod win it?
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Sep 12 2005, 09:32 AM
      Why wouldn't Arod win it?
      I believe he should. But sentiment is leaning towards Ortiz in the AL, just as it is Jones in the NL.
      "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Weird bit of info: the AL MVP has come from the AL West every year since 1996. Last year the race was between Manny and Sheffield almost from June on, then Vladdy got scorching hot in September, carried the Angels past the As, and won the MVP. It's likely that the AL MVP won't be decided until October 1st and 2nd, with the Yanks in Fenway with both teams' playoff lives possibly in the balance.
        Official Lounge Sponsor:
        Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
        The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
        Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove@Sep 12 2005, 10:29 AM

Comeback Player: Griffey, Jr. (runner up, Burrell, Phillies.)

What no love for Pettitte, I think that Griffey will win it even though his current injury may hurt his cause. However I definately think Pettitte is more deserving that Burrell.

Comment

NL MVP - Albert and it aint close

AL MVP - A Rod

NL Cy Young - Carpenter and it aint close

AL Cy Young - Was Halladay's now I don't care - Colon or a White Sox

Comeback Player of the Year - NL - Griffery
            Comeback Player of the Year - AL - Colon

Breakthrough Player - NL - Reyes
            Breakthrough Player - AL - Cantu

Manager of the Year - Tony the animal lover
            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
            X