Hey dyyyyyy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey dyyyyyy

Want to start talking about Bulger over here?

I enjoyed the conversation and I was blowing
    off a little steam.

He does have a lot of talent.

Originally posted by Offsides@Sep 11 2005, 09:42 PM

off a little steam.

I read the exchange. Interesting. My take:

I liked Kurt Warner when he was on his game. I didn't like his outspokeness of religion (It's a pretty private matter for me, unless someone asks). It made me uncomfortable (as a Christian).

When he sucked in '02 and in '03 (or whatever the years were) he was horrible. I didn't like at all how he said "his outpokenness" of his faith was what cost him his job. That was pathetic and it did change my opinion of the man.

If Bernie was taking a jab at Christians though, I'd be offended by it. Would I wish him ill b/c of it? Hell no. He's entitled to say what he wishes. I don't have to like it. I'm not sure what Bernie's quote was as I just skimmed through the thread. So he may not have even been taking a "jab".

Also, Bulger or Warner today, 9/11/05? Bulger hands down. Not even close (imo). Bulger should've made that pass at the end of the game but that's not the reason we lost. We just happened to get back into the game against a very bad team. But to S.F.'s credit, a bad team that wanted to play.

Martz really pisses me off. JWB is right. He's an OC, not a head coach. I would say a great OC.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides@Sep 11 2005, 09:42 PM

off a little steam.

It is more fun over here.

I think we were doing the same thing --- blowing off steam. That game was a debacle.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Sep 11 2005, 10:19 PM-->
        QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 11 2005, 10:19 PM)

Originally posted by Offsides+Sep 11 2005, 10:23 PM-->
        QUOTE(Offsides @ Sep 11 2005, 10:23 PM)
        Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 10:19 PM

Couple of things I would watch. I thought it was astonishing that Warner could throw 46 passes without fumbling. He was good the first half. So he might not be done. He had nothing much---especially after their special teams allowed two kicks to be run back for 14 points. Warner was not much of a comeback qb even in his Ram glory days. He would get so far ahead---from what I saw today---that won't happen much with the Cardinals.

Martz could turn against Bulger, always needing scapegoats. I think Bulger is good, not great. And Martz could call a gameplan that could get him hurt---again.
        v

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe@Sep 11 2005, 10:30 PM
          Couple of things I would watch. I thought it was astonishing that Warner could throw 46 passes without fumbling. He was good the first half. So he might not be done. He had nothing much---especially after their special teams allowed two kicks to be run back for 14 points. Warner was not much of a comeback qb even in his Ram glory days. He would get so far ahead---from what I saw today---that won't happen much with the Cardinals.

Martz could turn against Bulger, always needing scapegoats. I think Bulger is good, not great. And Martz could call a gameplan that could get him hurt---again.

Was Warner throwing downfield much?

I couldn't figure out why Bulger wasn't.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I saw Warner throw three passes while I was flipping between the Rams/SF game and the SD/Dallas game. Two were short passes to the sidelines, the third was a duck that was intercepted. I didn't get to see much, but his numbers weren't bad at all. I still think he has a lot left in him and I believe if he stays healthy 3.000 yards and 25-30 tds are within reason. I don't understand Miklasz's deal. Apparently if you support Warner then you are in a cult? Is that what he is trying to say? I like Bulger and Warner and I won't be sacrificing any chickens any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Carr@Sep 11 2005, 11:01 PM
              25-30 tds
              You a betting man?
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Sep 11 2005, 11:53 PM-->
                QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 11 2005, 11:53 PM)

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Sep 12 2005, 08:45 AM
                Rams looked like they were running a West Coast offense with all the short dump off passes
                ... and it was working.

They could have done it ALL day, but for some reason Martz wouldn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Sep 12 2005, 07:58 AM-->
                  QUOTE(pgrote @ Sep 12 2005, 07:58 AM)

Warner looked pretty good when he had time to throw. He has some pretty good guys to throw to.
                  However, the reason I would not want him on my team is that he is absolutely useless when it comes to avoiding the rush. He needs perfect protection to be effective.
                  I know he always has been pretty slow but now he is another year older and another year slower. It is really getting pretty bad.

I do root for Warner to do good though.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Sep 12 2005, 07:21 AM-->
                    QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 12 2005, 07:21 AM)

funny thing...when Bulger first started back in 2002 after Warner and Martin when down with injuries the game plans were heavy on the run....and Bulger and the Rams were very effective and successful

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                    X