ESPN's experts make their 2004 predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's experts make their 2004 predictions

Of their 17 guys, only one has the Cards in the playoffs--John Sickels has them as a wild card.

And just a note: Jim Caple is predicting neither the Yankees nor the Red Sox will make the playoffs.

The different teams predicted to win the World Series are the Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, Angels, and Athletics.

Gammons, Neyer, Caple, Gwynn, Dibble, Scott Ridge, Matt Szfec, Alan Schwarz, and John Sickels have Pujols winning the MVP.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2004/n...age=expertpicks

Pujols will definitely win MVP, but the question is, how close will he come to winning the Triple Crown?

Comment

I completely disagree. If the Cardinals aren't in contention, Pujols won't win the MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 4 2004, 12:12 PM
        I completely disagree. If the Cardinals aren't in contention, Pujols won't win the MVP.
        If Woody & Carpenter don't find their stride, then they sure won't be in contention.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 4 2004, 01:12 PM
          I agree, if the Cards are a 3rd or 4th place team, and someone like Barry is in the playoffs again, Pujols will not win. And shouldn't.

Derrek Lee
          Jim Thome
          Barry Bonds
          Lance Berkman
          Miguel Cabrera
          Mike Lowell
          Albert Pujols

And just because I am a Braves fan, if they can win Drew or Chipper.

But no matter who it is, VALUE is winning.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 4 2004, 12:12 PM
            Dev's right.

Pujols was the best player last year but being on a third place team meant he finished 2nd.
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
            X