HD Technology Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Technology Question

When networks broadcast sports in HD are they actually using different cameras at an event? Just wondering why the Texas/OSU or ND/Michigan game weren't in HD. It seems like ABC is lacking compared to the other major networks.

Originally posted by Jonas@Sep 11 2005, 09:59 AM
    When networks broadcast sports in HD are they actually using different cameras at an event? Just wondering why the Texas/OSU or ND/Michigan game weren't in HD. It seems like ABC is lacking compared to the other major networks.

Yes, it requires special cameras. Charter doesn't offer ABC in high def that I know of ...
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

DirecTV = ABC HD

Comment

Might as well piggyback this thread with a question...

Just bought my first HD Plasma TV this morning (Panasonic). I have DirecTV (Receiver/Tivo combo) and I keep hearing that before I rush out and get a DTV HD receiver that I need to wait until December for some new technology that DTV is putting out. Supposedly if I buy something now I'll have to go out and buy something else in December anyway.

I know this is cryptic, but does anyone know what I'm talking about or hearing about.
        Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop@Sep 11 2005, 02:26 PM
          Might as well piggyback this thread with a question...

Just bought my first HD Plasma TV this morning (Panasonic). I have DirecTV (Receiver/Tivo combo) and I keep hearing that before I rush out and get a DTV HD receiver that I need to wait until December for some new technology that DTV is putting out. Supposedly if I buy something now I'll have to go out and buy something else in December anyway.

I know this is cryptic, but does anyone know what I'm talking about or hearing about.

Yes.

DirectTV is changing the format of their HD broadcasts. When they do so, every current HD receiver will cease to receive HD content.

They're moving to an MP4 format that allows for higher quality at lower bitrates...which will allow them to stream more content to you.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Sep 11 2005, 01:29 PM-->
            QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 11 2005, 01:29 PM)

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Sep 11 2005, 02:29 PM-->
            QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 11 2005, 02:29 PM)

Originally posted by ShortHop+Sep 11 2005, 01:33 PM-->
            QUOTE(ShortHop @ Sep 11 2005, 01:33 PM)
            Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 01:29 PM
          Working...
          X