Widger pouting about trade.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widger pouting about trade.....

claims the Larussa didn't want him. ummm.....chris, sorry to say this buddy, but could you find just one person that DID want you?
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

joe and mr. widger:

i present to you,

backstop
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Oh that's what TLR was talking about today on kmox.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I guess he wasn't "good in the room" like Tina was.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I miss him already.

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 4 2004, 11:31 AM
            claims the Larussa didn't want him. ummm.....chris, sorry to say this buddy, but could you find just one person that DID want you?
            I wanted him on the team. He would have been a tremendous asset, both on the field and in the clubhouse. Just think: Chris Widger, World Series Hero. Not bad, eh?

Comment

When you are lied to like Widger was, who can blame him for going off on LaRussa. And the pattern of former players criticizing Tony is very alarming.

Comment

In all seriousness, I too would be PO's if I lost my job to a coach's son who, over the course of a long minor-league career and a short spring training, has done absolutely nothing to show he deserves a spot on the team.

Comment

bingo

Comment

whats the salary difference?
                    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

No more than $200,000
                      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Widger remained in the visitors clubhouse as the Cardinals filed toward the
                        team bus. In an oblique reference to what he considered politics surrounding
                        the situation, Widger said, "Some people in this game have a guardian angel.
                        I'm going to New York. Maybe I'll find my guardian angel there."
                        Now THAT'S a shot @ TLR if I ever saw one...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

what a whiny bitch. he wasn't any good?
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

I dont think its a matter of how good Widger was or wasnt. It was the fact that he lost out to a coaches son with very little (3 at bats?) major league experience. I'd be pissed about it also. The players have pride and a certain amount of reasonable expectations. When they lose a spot over what they perceive as politics then they understandably get upset.

It happens in the workplace also. Like me, I bet most of you can recall a similar experience that Widger just went through in your place of work at some point.

Mckay just happens to have a "guardian angel" on this team <_<
                            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Widger wasn't good. But he's better than McKay.

Charges of nepotism, which have the appearance of truth in this case, are just excellent for clubhouse morale.

But if we're determined to keep McKay, gotta trade Widger. McKay has absolutely no value if Widger stays. Kevin Witt, in the minors (anybody else see that moonshot he hit off of the Simo-Man the other night) is a lefthanded hitter with power. Played more at both corner spots than McKay did last year. Also did it in the major leagues. Also played in the outfield.

McKay hit .232 for Indianapolis in the Brewers organization last year. Caught most of the time, played a combined total of seven games at 1st and 3rd last year.
                              Couldn't crack the big league roster. Of the Milwaukee Brewers.

I don't care if Widger stays. I do care that McKay is on this team ahead of almost anyone else. There is a reason he's got 3 major league at bats. He stinks.

But somehow, he's on the roster.
                              I'm always right.

Comment

Working...
                              X