8th Innning Beaning of Piazza by Taz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th Innning Beaning of Piazza by Taz

The skipper was more than upset - he went after Taz.

I think the talk may be getting to him.

The thing with the Pirate idiot - the thing with Dusta - and now something with Willy Randolph.

I think Dusta and the ex Pirate guy are idiots. From what I know of Willy he is a stand up guy.

I don't think he thought anymore about it - other than that he would throw at Eck - and that there goes his season.

I think Tony made it a point to show that he isn't that kind of manager.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

With all due respect to the social visionary of our times, Kanye West...

Tony LaRussa does not care about black managers.

Comment

It's not about showing anything.

Tony was hit in the head early on in his career and hit hard. He's always been against ANY pitcher who hits a batter in the head.

If you're going to hit someone, hit them in the ass or the shoulder.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Tavarez is a freak. He was in Chicago, he was in Florida, he was in Pittsburgh, and he is here.

And, if I was reading the body language on that "discussion" in the dugout correctly, Tavarez better lay low for awhile or else he just punched his ticket out of St. Louis.

Maybe he should call Kline and see how NOT to handle the situation.
        "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

Comment

Drunken ramblings:
          1) Piazza is a bitch.
          2) WB11 was funny to put up ball one on the graphic until the double play. Haha.
          3) It honestly looked like Tavarez just slipped.
          4) Taz is a Jew, Tav is full of Cream of Wheat.
          5) Tony was pissed -- and rightfully so. Because he knew that one of the vets was gonna get beaned.
          6) Gotta get the starters more wins.
          7) Lots of phone calls after the game from Tony.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 10 2005, 09:10 PM

A lot of people don't like you, but I sure do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie@Sep 10 2005, 09:13 PM
              Tavarez is a freak. He was in Chicago, he was in Florida, he was in Pittsburgh, and he is here.

And, if I was reading the body language on that "discussion" in the dugout correctly, Tavarez better lay low for awhile or else he just punched his ticket out of St. Louis.

Maybe he should call Kline and see how NOT to handle the situation.
              Taz has been the best set up man in St. Louis since we had both Worrell and Lee Smith.

I don't want him going anywhere.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Drunken ramblings:
                1) Piazza is a bitch.
                2) WB11 was funny to put up ball one on the graphic until the double play. Haha.
                5) Tony was pissed -- and rightfully so. Because he knew that one of the vets was gonna get beaned.
                Well said.

But damn.

I'm way behind.

Time to go to the liquor cabinet and bring out the artillery.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 10 2005, 09:10 PM

Well played -

Have you been getting help?

Just joking.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Well played -

Have you been getting help?

Just joking.
                    Wang and I are text messaging tonight.

He's a fucking muse, he is.

I owe it all to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Sep 10 2005, 09:11 PM
                      It's not about showing anything.

Tony was hit in the head early on in his career and hit hard.  He's always been against ANY pitcher who hits a batter in the head.

If you're going to hit someone, hit them in the ass or the shoulder.

Tony just confirmed your thoughts BBZ - well said.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

A wash.

Julian lost it last year in the NCLS, repented and redeemed himself.

Head shots - intentional or not - are a sore point with Tony: this is more his problem than Tav's. They will settle down.

Did you see Tony taking down #10 tonight? Tavarez grabbed Tony and lifted him off the ground before he could get to it. The guy is nuts, but has basically been under control and very effective for 2 years here, and every effort will be made to continue that.

Randolph is and always has been a class act: he had to do something to show a failing team that they are still in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 10 2005, 09:21 PM
                          Drunken ramblings:
                          1) Piazza is a bitch.
                          Well said.

But damn.

I'm way behind.

Time to go to the liquor cabinet and bring out the artillery.

That's the artillery? I'll fight that war any day:

You fight dirty! :P

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Sep 10 2005, 10:23 PM-->
                            QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Sep 10 2005, 10:23 PM)

Originally posted by SunuvaNun+Sep 10 2005, 10:33 PM-->
                            QUOTE(SunuvaNun @ Sep 10 2005, 10:33 PM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2005, 10:23 PM
                          Working...
                          X