Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caps sign 32 yr old minor leaguer

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040403/nhl_was-cp.html

Oh, that's right, I believe the word is tanking.

Mel Angelstad is one of the premier enforcers in the AHL and has played for the Caps AHL affiliate for the past 3 seasons.

I think this "cup of coffee" in the NHL is well deserved for Angelstad, and I hate the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 210@Apr 4 2004, 10:20 AM
      Mel Angelstad is one of the premier enforcers in the AHL and has played for the Caps AHL affiliate for the past 3 seasons.

I think this "cup of coffee" in the NHL is well deserved for Angelstad, and I hate the guy.
      I kinda figured he was, based on his career stat of 3 million penalty minutes.

I'm just not sure that's who I would call up. However, I do see your point as someone who has done their time in the minors and their brief callup is kind of a reward.

He may not even be able to keep his jersey, which would really suck.

He had expected to retain the sweater as a souvenir Saturday but Washington was playing its last home game and there was a tradition involved.

"I had to give my sweater to a fan," he said. "Can you believe that?

"I had no idea there was a giveaway after the game. But I think they're going to let me have a jersey in Pittsburgh."
      Quick quiz. Angelstad is far from the oldest rookie to play an NHL game. Name the player, team, and how old he was when he debuted in the NHL.

Comment

Connie Madigan....for the Blues I think.

Comment

I think it's cool that they called him up.

Comment

Originally posted by 210@Apr 4 2004, 12:31 PM
            Connie Madigan....for the Blues I think.
            ....38 I think

Comment

Working...
            X