Small (but maybe not insignificant) note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small (but maybe not insignificant) note

Anyone else notice that Marquis is 0-fer at the plate during this 2-complete game, 26-inning pitched, 3-game win streak?

Been a long time since we've seen this strong pitching/weak hitting vs. strong hitting/weak pitching side of Marquis -- if ever.

Now, maybe this "slump" is jut coincidence. Or maybe Marquis' main focus is precisely where it should be -- pitching.

All things considered, I'll gladly take the trade off.
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

I mentioned that to my son during the game last night. Agree on the trade off.
    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I doubt one has much to do with the other but I'd prefer he perform well on the mound than at the plate.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

My wife even noticed that last night, she said doesn't he usually get several hits a game but suck at pitching

Comment

If Suppan has another good outing today do Dunc and Tony at least start thinking about leaving Morris out of the post-season rotation? Marquis, Suppan and Morris each have 4 or more starts left but at this point the performances down the stretch indicate Matty should be the odd man out.
          Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan@Sep 10 2005, 11:04 AM
            If Suppan has another good outing today do Dunc and Tony at least start thinking about leaving Morris out of the post-season rotation? Marquis, Suppan and Morris each have 4 or more starts left but at this point the performances down the stretch indicate Matty should be the odd man out.
            He won't be. He remains a favorite of both Dunc and TLR. Besides, as far as they're concerned he's payed his dues (over the years) and deserves the opportunity.

Little doubt he'll be the Number 3 starter.
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove+Sep 10 2005, 11:25 AM-->
              QUOTE(slow groove @ Sep 10 2005, 11:25 AM)

Originally posted by hkyfan@Sep 10 2005, 10:04 AM
              If Suppan has another good outing today do Dunc and Tony at least start thinking about leaving Morris out of the post-season rotation?
              No.
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah+Sep 10 2005, 12:49 PM-->
                QUOTE(kah @ Sep 10 2005, 12:49 PM)

Originally posted by TTB@Sep 10 2005, 10:53 AM
                ok...how many times does Morris have to suck in the 2nd half while Marquis and Suppan pitch well to lose his spot in the post season rotation?
                Until both of them are better pitchers than he is, which will never happen.
                Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah+Sep 10 2005, 01:06 PM-->
                  QUOTE(kah @ Sep 10 2005, 01:06 PM)

Originally posted by TTB@Sep 10 2005, 01:09 PM
                  Morris has better stuff.....but its not working. Hasn't for a while. That's a problem.
                  But when did Morris last pitch in a meaningful game?

That might have something to do with his lackluster starts in since the AS break.

Maybe he's bored.

Comment

Originally posted by King+Sep 10 2005, 01:12 PM-->
                    QUOTE(King @ Sep 10 2005, 01:12 PM)

The thing is...in the post-season, Tony has the luxury of having a starter in the bullpen...

So he can afford to see which Morris shows up, and if it's Bizarro-Morris (or regular Morris, depending on your opinion of him )...he can yank him...

The only thing that concerns me about that scenario is that I'm afarid Tony may be tempted to leave him in one batter too long...
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

You go w/ the hot hand....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                      X