Marquis Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquis Question

Am i the only one who is reminded of Andy Bennes during his last half-season? Marquis sucked bad and hard 3 weeks ago, now he is becoming a stud. Is it that TLR and Dunc finaly convinced him that every pitch other than his sinker is bad or what?

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Originally posted by jhanke@Sep 9 2005, 08:09 PM
    Am i the only one who is reminded of Andy Bennes during his last half-season?  Marquis sucked bad and hard 3 weeks ago, now he is becoming a stud.  Is it that TLR and Dunc finaly convinced him that every pitch other than his sinker is bad or what?
    I'm not with you 100%, but I did briefly think about Benes recently and that last 1/2 season you speak of when considering Marquis lately.

It's just not enough from Marquis to compare him Benes flat out. IIRC, Andy was just awesome for most, if not all, of the second half of 2001, especially compared to how utterly brutal he was in the first half. Marquis is coming around just a bit late and without that stretch like Benes had, I'm not overly confident that the Jason we see now is the one that is here to stay.
    Of course you do.

Comment

Am I the only one who has a problem with the fact that Jason Marquis is a homosexual?

I think he's a legitimate candidate for the #3 spot, but I just can't get past the gay thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 9 2005, 09:56 PM
        Am I the only one who has a problem with the fact that Jason Marquis is a homosexual?

I think he's a legitimate candidate for the #3 spot, but I just can't get past the gay thing.
        if he throws 40-50 sinkers a game and wins, he can have all the dick he wants (not mine but you know, someone who bats from his side of the plate)

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 9 2005, 09:56 PM

You're an even bigger dick than I thought.
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

if he throws 40-50 sinkers a game and wins, he can have all the dick he wants (not mine but you know, someone who bats from his side of the plate)
            :P

I'm glad someone "bit," so to speak.

I saw him leave with McKernan and Edmonds at J Bucks the other night, and they were driving this.

Comment

Dallas:

Dude:

Seriously.

You need to lighten up.

Big time.

Comment

Working...
              X