What Could You Live Without?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Could You Live Without?

Since sometime after 9:00 last night, I have had no running water. Possibly due to a water main break down the street, but I'm not sure. I've never had to deal with a lack of water until now and I must say that it's way more of an inconvenience that not having electricity. I'm hoping it's back on when I get home from work.

The electricity has gone out in my house several times in the past. Never for very long. I think I've had one full day and into the night with no electricity and that's been it. Now when I think about it, it's not that big of a deal.

I also stopped to think about how many of the hurricane victims lived for days on end with neither electricity nor water. I will be much more appreciative now when I turn on a faucet or flip on a light switch.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

I'm with you, I could deal better without electricity than I could without running water.

When I was growing up our electricicity got shut off all the time because my mom couldn't juggle all the bills, so it's not something I tend to take for granted.
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

In theory you could live without electricity for a while, assuming weather conditions permitted. It would be tough to remain in any house that lacked running water.
      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Spoiled food in the refrigerator, dead fish in the fish tank, no TV, no internet, no cold beer......give me electricity or give me death. I can live without showering and all that fancy terlet flushing

Plus, if the electric shock collars I keep on my "houseguests" that "live" in my basement ceased to operate properly....all hell would break loose

Comment

no electricity= no lounge.

no water= no showers.

get your priorities straight....electricity is MUCH more signifigant.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Just shower at Guppy's...
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

I could do without the water. I could go somewhere to fill water jugs to cook with, flush the toilet or whatever.
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

This is a tough one, but I agree I would much rather live without electricity than running water. You can always make a fire to cook on, or wash your clothes in the water and hang them to dry if need be.

But I like to shower, and you need water to be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBrained@Sep 9 2005, 01:18 PM
                  Just shower at Guppy's...
                  Well, if the water doesn't come back on tonight, hopefully he and Steve won't mind a couple of overnight guests.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                  Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                  Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                  NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                  LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan@Sep 9 2005, 01:24 PM

But I like to shower, and you need water to be able to do that.
                    That's not what guy #2 said

Comment

Originally posted by Hepatitis Dispenser+Sep 9 2005, 01:25 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Sep 9 2005, 01:25 PM)

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan+Sep 9 2005, 02:28 PM-->
                      QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Sep 9 2005, 02:28 PM)
                      Originally posted by Hepatitis [email protected] 9 2005, 01:25 PM

Water is so vital. Death by dehydration has to be a real mofo.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I'd go without running water. You can buy jugs of water to shower with, etc.

Without electricity you're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Sep 9 2005, 05:46 PM
                          I'd go without running water. You can buy jugs of water to shower with, etc.

Without electricity you're screwed.

What if you were stuck in NO for the few days after Katrina, in that Toxic soup?

I could grill meat and veggies on my Weber, if I had to.
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                          X