Bumming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumming...

I have an incurable connective tissue disease...it makes my tendons tighten up, and I have problems walking and using my hands. I'm starting to have problems working; I use my hands a lot, and I can't extend my fingers or grasp things and hold them. Today I had a lot of hand work to do...and I had to have help doing it. Maybe that's why I got drunk tonight...tonight was also my bowling night, and I can't physically bowl anymore...it's no fun watching hanke and Coach Reggie play when I can't play too. :( I'm just depressed...

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

I hear Glovey's good at hand work..

Why don't you talk to him, see what advice he has?
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Sep 9 2005, 12:40 AM
      I have an incurable connective tissue disease...it makes my tendons tighten up, and I have problems walking and using my hands. I'm starting to have problems working; I use my hands a lot, and I can't extend my fingers or grasp things and hold them. Today I had a lot of hand work to do...and I had to have help doing it. Maybe that's why I got drunk tonight...tonight was also my bowling night, and I can't physically bowl anymore...it's no fun watching hanke and Coach Reggie play when I can't play too. :( I'm just depressed...
      You tried accupuncture for the tissue disease, Dog? While you may think it sounds like new age shite..it really does help with an assortment of ailments. I have a bad knee..hurts when I dont move it a lot. Been having accupuncture for years now..and I cant tell you how much better it has made me feel.

I know you own your own shop..and I imagine this will impact you very significantly. What plans do you have to address this in your business?

Wish I could be more of a help. Keep strong, my man..

Comment

Can this be treated with medication?

Either way, hang in there.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Sep 9 2005, 12:49 AM
          I hear Glovey's good at hand work..

Why don't you talk to him, see what advice he has?
          You're just a total jag-off, Reb.

To say what you wrote was classless is an insult to every redneck in America.

Sometimes I dont even think you realise what a pompous, self-aggrandising dick you are.

The really funny part is that if anyone was ever to meet you, I am sure you'd be a self-concious, self-important wanker. Meaning, pretty much the same as you typically come of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Sep 9 2005, 01:40 AM
            i am sure that my sucky play did not brighten your sprits. sorry :(

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Dog, it has to really stink to not be able to do something you really love. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
              Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
              Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
              Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
              NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
              LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

My mom went through some similar stuff about 10 years ago. She had the same feelings as you, but after awhile she learned that things were out of her control and had to make adjustments. Better days will come, hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Sep 9 2005, 04:25 AM-->
                  QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 9 2005, 04:25 AM)

Originally posted by Celtic+Sep 9 2005, 09:12 AM-->
                  QUOTE(Celtic @ Sep 9 2005, 09:12 AM)
                  Originally posted by Indu [email protected] 9 2005, 04:25 AM

C'mon guys...I don't have any problem with LVR's comments (besides, the bumps on my hands give this interesting sensation!)
                  Wang...I'm just going to work until I can't anymore. Besides, I always have my brain, such as it is... :P I haven't tried acupuncture yet.

The thing with this disorder is that it's really not that painful (except in my feet; my toes normally don't touch the ground anymore, but when they do...ouch.) It just limits my mobility...and it's the little things that bug the hell out of me (case in point: I can no longer trim my Labrador's nails, I can't squeeze the handles of the clippers hard enough. My left hand is working a bit better today; I can reach the "A" key on the keyboard...most of the time I can't. I can't use my left hand to wash my hair; the fingers won't straighten out enough for the palm of my hand to touch my head.) I'm told that I can have surgery to remove the thickened tissue...and it will be back in about a year. I was just really down last night, and needed to vent...thanks for putting up with it.

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                  Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                  Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Specifically, what is it? Marfan syndrome? Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?

Comment

:( I'm sorry to hear about this Dog, what an adjustment you must be going thru. I know it doesn't seem like it, but something GOOD will come out of this, just hang in there!
                      Feb. 08, 2005
                      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                      Originally posted by Airshark
                      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Sep 9 2005, 10:54 AM
                        C'mon guys...I don't have any problem with LVR's comments (besides, the bumps on my hands give this interesting sensation!)
                        Wang...I'm just going to work until I can't anymore.  Besides, I always have my brain, such as it is... :P  I haven't tried acupuncture yet.

The thing with this disorder is that it's really not that painful (except in my feet; my toes normally don't touch the ground anymore, but when they do...ouch.)  It just limits my mobility...and it's the little things that bug the hell out of me (case in point: I can no longer trim my Labrador's nails, I can't squeeze the handles of the clippers hard enough.  My left hand is working a bit better today; I can reach the "A" key on the keyboard...most of the time I can't.  I can't use my left hand to wash my hair; the fingers won't straighten out enough for the palm of my hand to touch my head.)  I'm told that I can have surgery to remove the thickened tissue...and it will be back in about a year.  I was just really down last night, and needed to vent...thanks for putting up with it.
                        My grandfather has something similar with his hands. He used to love to garden and do woodworking and all sorts of other things for which he needed his hands. I think it was hard for him at first too to lose his dexterity, but he seems to have found lots of other things to do. One of his favorite things seems to be coming up with projects for my dad to do and then supervising him.

If you ever consider starting a second career as a dog trainer, I have a silly beagle that will require hours and hours and hours of work before he ever has any sense.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, dog.

FWIW, I think it would be depressing watching hanke or coach reg do anything, so keep your spirits up!
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

Working...
                          X