PC Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Question

I cannot click on links that are posted in these messages. I have never had any trouble before. When I click on the link, I get the white finger pointing but it never opens up a new window.

I haven't been on my PC for a couple of days and when I got on about an hour ago, I have this search toolbar at the bottom of the screen that has never been there before. I uninstalled it, but I'm still having problems. There was also a bunch of other crap like clock sync (?) and other stuff I've never seen before.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Download, install and run Spybot Search and Destroy AND Ad-Aware.

This should help. Good luck!

Mr. G

Comment

I downloaded spybot and it found a bunch of targets, no viruses. Do I need to purchase the software to have them removed? I also ran the ad aware program and it looked like it identified a lot of the same files and removed them.

Never used these before. If anyone has any more advice.

Thanks Mr G.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Apr 4 2004, 02:00 AM
        I downloaded spybot and it found a bunch of targets, no viruses. Do I need to purchase the software to have them removed? I also ran the ad aware program and it looked like it identified a lot of the same files and removed them.

Never used these before. If anyone has any more advice.

Thanks Mr G.
        No, the spybot program you ran will remove the things it found, if you instruct it to. Chances are, if you run it again, it won't find much since Ad-Aware removed what it found. I run both programs at least once a week to keep my machine free of this crap.

Mr. G

Comment

Elvis, this is the best test tool I have found. Mouse over this link. If your arrow doesn't turn into a hand and click through your computer needs to replaced, and you need to change your religion.

PC CHECK
          Official Lounge Sponsor of lasvegasreb and his shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackless McCracken@Apr 4 2004, 05:47 AM
            Elvis, this is the best test tool I have found. Mouse over this link. If your arrow doesn't turn into a hand and click through your computer needs to replaced, and you need to change your religion.

PC CHECK
            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
            -mike
            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Elvis,

Here are a couple more things you can do, if you'd like. Both are free:

PANDA ACTIVE SCAN

STINGER

Mr. G

Comment

Originally posted by Crackless McCracken@Apr 4 2004, 05:47 AM

PC CHECK
                Now what do I do? I just bought this computer and I changed religions on the way home from the computer store?
                RIP Stan the Man
                The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Apr 4 2004, 12:59 AM
                  Any suggestions?
                  Sounds to me like you need a new computer Elvis. Good Luck. JJ.

Comment

Elvis,

"Spyware" is what you're experiencing.

Spyhunter is the best program I've found for it.

It's available from Enigma Software.
                    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Thanks for the help gentlemen. It seems to be working much better now.

Comment

Do you have your internet security settings set to high?
                        Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Working...
                        X