Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Circuit City Take Back PCs?

I want to pull a Yaks.

I want a Media Center Edition PC. I have zero experience w/ them and am not sure if I'd even use it.

That may not stop me.

I'd like to go buy one, try it out and if I don't like the interface, take it back.

Does CC allow this?
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Sep 8 2005, 10:37 PM
    I want to pull a Yaks.

I want a Media Center Edition PC. I have zero experience w/ them and am not sure if I'd even use it.

That may not stop me.

I'd like to go buy one, try it out and if I don't like the interface, take it back.

Does CC allow this?
    I wouldn't think so, but call one and find out.

Comment

#
      Digital cameras, camcorders, desktop PCs, notebook PCs, monitors, printers, scanners and radar detectors must be returned within 14 days of the sale date and (except where prohibited by law) are subject to a 15% restocking fee if returned opened or in a box other than the factory-sealed box.
      #
      There is no restocking fee for defective products returned in exchange for the exact same product, or for open box purchases.
      #
      For any exchange or refund, we need the original receipt or a record of the purchase in our system, and the product must be in its original condition, including the box, UPC bar code, packaging and all accessories.
      #
      Opened software, music, games, and movies may be exchanged for the same title only.
      #
      Charges for installation and delivery services are nonrefundable after the services have been performed.
      #
      Restocking fees do not apply to the return of a purchase made from a Hawaii address.
      #
      Circuit City is not responsible for contacting wireless carriers regarding changes or cancellations of your service plan
      From their website.

So 15% to try it.

Comment

Damn.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Thanks, Gonzo.

I guess I'll have to think about it a little more before I pull the trigger.

Comment

Restocking Fee
            Unless defective, a restocking fee of 15% will be charged on opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS/navigation and in-car video systems. Unless defective, a restocking fee of 25% will be charged on special order products, including appliances.

Missing Item or Damaged Product Fee
            A missing item or damaged product fee will be charged for any product missing the original box, packaging material, contents, accessories and/or manuals (i.e., any product not in "like new" condition).

Return and Exchange Requirements
            Your original receipt is required for all returns, exchanges, price matches and warranty repair services. All returns, exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. For cash purchases over $250 and check purchases over $100, your refund will be issued by check from our corporate office within 14 business days of the return.

Personal Data
            Please remove all personal data (e.g., computer or wireless phone data, videotapes) from any returned or exchanged products. Best Buy is not responsible for any personal data left on or in these items.

Nonreturnable Items
            These items include labor and/or installation services; consumable items such as phone cards, gift cards, food and drink; or items that are damaged or abused. Opened computer software, movies, music and video games can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund. Any merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) is available for an even exchange only on the identical product.

Any product that is returned without promotional item(s) included with the original transaction (e.g., buy TV, get free DVD player; buy TV, get free gift card; or buy TV, get DVD player for half off) will have the value of the promotional item deducted from the refund amount.

Any product that was purchased when a mail-in rebate was available on the purchase is subject to having the amount of the rebate deducted from the refund amount.

Policy varies in Hawaii. See store for complete details.

Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return.
            Best Buy wins again.

But..why buy a computer from them when Dell is offering such kick ass deals?

Comment

I haven't really found any good Dell Media Center deals.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Sep 8 2005, 10:59 PM
                I haven't really found any good Dell Media Center deals.
                What specs are you looking for and how much are you looking to pay?

Comment

You could try to FedEx it to them.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

go buy a WinTV-PVR-250 from hauppauge, and make your own.

That is the one I have and it kicks ass.

As for my talking stuff back, I got hit for 10% at the Apple store, and am going to again tomorrow :(
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I am running Windows Media. I use the TiVo function on it all the time. I just hooked up my cable feed to the tv card. Then I can burn any program that I may want to share or watch on a different tv. You can download first run movies from a web service as well. I have not used the picture or music options. I use itunes for music and Windows Media Player for Mpegs. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Circuit City is the absolute worst place to try to return anything. They will fight you tooth and nail.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan@Sep 9 2005, 09:43 AM
                          Circuit City is the absolute worst place to try to return anything. They will fight you tooth and nail.

Just sayin.
                          Luckily you've never tried to take anything back in Britain, there's no fight, it is just a no.

Comment

No one thought of this yet?

Try FedExing it to them...
                            Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Sep 9 2005, 10:55 AM
                              No one thought of this yet?

Try FedExing it to them...
                              http://www.sportscartel.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=789993

Comment

Working...
                              X