Having a problem burning CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a problem burning CDs

Since you guys are the only smart people I know and because I don't have a Mac, I need some help.

Lately, whenever I try to burn CDs, I put a new blank CD into the drive, select the songs I want to burn and then it stops and tells me to "Insert a Blank disc into the drive." I thought that maybe I was just having problems wit the Windows Media Player but I just tried to burn a CD with Roxio and I get the same message.

I am sure the discs I am using are blank.

Is there anything I can check or do you think I need a new CD drive/burner? This one is only about 18 months old.

Thanks.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Maybe they're the new "anti-piracy" CD's.

As I type, all of your personal info and all song titles you were trying to burn are being sent to The Man.

Comment

Nope - I've had these for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Sep 7 2005, 08:11 PM
        Nope - I've had these for a while.
        You need to put the CD into the writable drive..sounds like your putting it into just the readable drive.

I had the same issue..and found out that you need to put it into the DVD/CD-RW drive, not just the CD.

Try that..and I am assuming you have to CD drives on your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Sep 7 2005, 09:16 PM-->
          QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 7 2005, 09:16 PM)

Try iTunes?
          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I've had good luck using Nero, Elvis. Here's a free download if you want to try something different.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...urning_ROM.htm
            Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

I like Nero, also.

You should also have an option in Roxio that is labled something like "Disc Information." Make sure you click that and check it, just to double check that the disc is indeed blank.

One other possiblity, though I think its unlikely, is that you're trying to put too much onto the CD. Ordinarily, at least Nero I know, tells you the disc doesn't have enough room and to insert a blank one.

Just a couple ideas.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Just buy the cd.
                In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

That's what they want.

Why should he not be able to make a comp disc out of CDs he's bought?

Fair use.

And, furthermore, he can't buy that comp. disc anywhere.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Make sure you havea CD burner...
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far, but nothing has seemed to work.

Is it possible that the laser got dirty and it may be seeing something there instead of on the disc itself?

Any suggestions from the daycrew?

Comment

The laser could be dead. Can it read data off of non-blank cds?
                        Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

It could be any number of things, but your best bet is to clean it with a cleaning disc.

If that doesn't work, I'd look for a replacement.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

The blank disc - is it the see-through protective disc that comes with every spindle of blank discs?
                            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Working...
                            X