Producer Joe/Tim/Skippy: The Martz Manifesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producer Joe/Tim/Skippy: The Martz Manifesto

I was just listening to your fine station and heard Slaten calling Hadley "Heinrich" Hadley and his work 'Gestapo'-like in re: to media having access to coaches (three days in advance to talk to an assistant coach?)...

Insight on this would be great....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

WTF does Slaten care about this anyway? He wouldn't trapse his ass out to Ram's Park. All he does is read other people's shit and then spew non stop about it.

I would love to know how often Slaten shows up in the Press Box down at the stadium or how often he shows up in the locker room after games.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Sep 7 2005, 03:45 PM
      WTF does Slaten care about this anyway? He wouldn't trapse his ass out to Ram's Park. All he does is read other people's shit and then spew non stop about it.

I would love to know how often Slaten shows up in the Press Box down at the stadium or how often he shows up in the locker room after games.
      As much as I dislike Slaten, I think the Rams issuing an 8-page document on how the media will have access is a bit much, especially since Hadley came up w/ it....

Comment

Originally posted by *007*+Sep 7 2005, 03:47 PM-->
        QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 7 2005, 03:47 PM)

The fat man is just justifying his job. Thats all. Gotta produce to be invitied to the post game buffet.

Comment

I have a request in for it.

As soon as I get it, I'll post it.

It's so comical what goes on out there with the media obsession.
          Please show me the proper amount of respect.

After all...

I do co-host a show at KFNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McKernan@Sep 7 2005, 05:30 PM
            I have a request in for it.

As soon as I get it, I'll post it.

It's so comical what goes on out there with the media obsession.

Tim,

I doubt that you'll recieve a copy now that you have posted your intention of sharing it. I'm sure Hadley has numerous minions who, while not working the overnight shift at Steak and Shake, scan the web looking for leaks. You're fucked dude.

Comment

I just got my copy of it at Rams' Park...unfortunately, it's a hard copy, so I can't post it and I'm too fucking lazy to transcribe it. In all honesty, it's not that bad. It looks just like other media guidelines I've seen from my time working with the military and Congress. It gives you specific people within the organization to contact for interview requests for specific groups (Martz, Assistant Coaches, Players, etc.). I think the issue at hand is the fact that for a long time, media members had hook-ups within the team who got them guests and interviews and things tended to get fucked up internally. I see this as a way of housecleaning by the Rams. As far as Hadley goes, I still think this situation is a conflict of interest but he's never been anything but nice to me and in my position as a peon, that goes a long way. Again, I see how some of the rules seem silly at first, but I believe all they're doing is trying to make things run as smooth as possible. Just my opinion...
              The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Skippy,

I'd say the uproar is that the media is being asked to accept some guidelines.

They don't like that. You, of all people, should know that.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Sep 7 2005, 06:14 PM
                  Skippy,

I'd say the uproar is that the media is being asked to accept some guidelines.

They don't like that. You, of all people, should know that.
                  This is precisely why I cover NASCAR and not the NFL. Even in this day and age of corporate sponsorship and ownership, you still get things done the old-fashioned way in NASCAR. The NFL makes things very tough, but you know what to expect every single time.
                  The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

I agree that this sounds like a huge conflict of interest...

But I'm sure Martz wanted a backrub & blowjob guy...

I think we should start referring to Hadley as "Smithers"...
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW@Sep 7 2005, 06:26 PM
                      I agree that this sounds like a huge conflict of interest...

But I'm sure Martz wanted a backrub & blowjob guy...

I think we should start referring to Hadley as "Smithers"...

Dancing the Martz is a Genious jig

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Scan it?

Comment

Slaten's biggest issue was the fact that media has to supposedly submit questions a few days in advance. That seems a bit unreasonable w/o hearing more info on it.
                          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

There's only a hard copy of it, so I can't just paste it.

Sorry.
                            Please show me the proper amount of respect.

After all...

I do co-host a show at KFNS.

Comment

Working...
                            X