Matt Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Morris

Matt Morris on his performance last night....

“My stuff is better now than it was in the first half,” Morris said. “I think I’ve been getting stronger. I wonder if I’m not staying within myself to execute. Maybe I’m jumping out there and just not making my pitch. Today, I purposely came out to be aggressive and use my fastball. And two batters later I’m throwing cutters and curveballs. I should’ve stuck with my game plan.”

I'm calling bullshit. We'll see next start if his "stuff" is really better now or if he's making a bullshit excuse. I've seen it too many starts in a row. The one ray of hope I have is that in Florida after Cabrera sent one of his cutters to the moon I all of a sudden started seeing 93 mph fastballs from him, occasionally hitting 94. Thats the old Mo, and he got good results out of it. For him to go away from that and throw the shit that got him in trouble in the first place is beyond stupid.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

my guess is hanging curveballs isn't part of the plan
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by DLove@Sep 7 2005, 12:35 PM
      Matt Morris on his performance last night....

“My stuff is better now than it was in the first half,” Morris said. “I think I’ve been getting stronger. I wonder if I’m not staying within myself to execute. Maybe I’m jumping out there and just not making my pitch. Today, I purposely came out to be aggressive and use my fastball. And two batters later I’m throwing cutters and curveballs. I should’ve stuck with my game plan.”

I'm calling bullshit. We'll see next start if his "stuff" is really better now or if he's making a bullshit excuse. I've seen it too many starts in a row. The one ray of hope I have is that in Florida after Cabrera sent one of his cutters to the moon I all of a sudden started seeing 93 mph fastballs from him, occasionally hitting 94. Thats the old Mo, and he got good results out of it. For him to go away from that and throw the shit that got him in trouble in the first place is beyond stupid.
      I couldn't tell you how fast he threw last nite b/c they have the radar guns turned off again @ the park...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by *007*+Sep 7 2005, 12:48 PM-->
        QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 7 2005, 12:48 PM)

Originally posted by *007*+Sep 7 2005, 12:48 PM-->
        QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 7 2005, 12:48 PM)

Originally posted by jhanke@Sep 7 2005, 12:50 PM
        Happens a lot when he pitches doesn't it?
        I've been to @ least three Morris starts this year and each time, it was off....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

On TV it was a bunch of 86-89 shit. Hit 92 once. Curve had no break to it, hung everything. The one Lee hit out might as well been on a T.

Comment

"Today, I purposely came out to be aggressive and use my fastball. And two batters later I’m throwing cutters and curveballs. I should’ve stuck with my game plan.”

Perhaps the reason than plan was abandened was because his aggressive 89 mph fastball to start the game was ripped by the immortal Jerry Hairston like it was BP pitch.

Comment

A couple games back when he pitched the FSMW gun had him at 94-96

I suspected it was wrong, then when another pitcher came in and was hitting 100 I knew it was
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
              X