Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linda Cohn off ESPN!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linda Cohn off ESPN!

    Don't have a link but just heard Frank Cusamano on kfns say it. Listen to kfns for details. I jumped out of bed to report this. Goodnight everybody.
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

  • #2
    Saw her on SC the other night - she looked freaky.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, fiddle sticks. :(

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Sep 7 2005, 10:20 AM
        Saw her on SC the other night - she looked freaky.
        It looked like she'd been taking visits to a bad plastic surgeon.

        Comment


        • #5
          For the love of elevation, the woman rocks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Really... I thought she looked ok.


            Comment


            • #7
              You scared the hell out of me. She's not gone:

              Per USA TODAY:

              Cohn's future:

              For more consistency, ESPN revamped its SportsCenter lineup to feature seven anchors — all males. Linda Cohn, the show's most prominent woman, will leave — although she'll return for cameos.

              And that, she says, is what she wants after regularly working four to five shows weekly, usually ones starting at 1 a.m. ET: "I told them flat-out I wasn't going to stay to do the same thing. I did for a decade. It was crazy, taking a toll. ... I want to see my kids. I forgot what my husband looked like."

              Cohn joins a list of SportsCenter anchors —Chris Berman, Robin Roberts, Greg Gumbel, Mike Tirico, Craig Kilborn, Keith Olbermann and Kenny Mayne - who went on to other things. Cohn's new duties include NASCAR and NFL shows on ESPNEWS and doing WNBA play-by-play. "I want to grow," she says. "Would I like my own talk show? Yeah. It hasn't happened yet."

              As for SportsCenter no longer having a star female, Cohn says it's "prehistoric" to assume the need for a quota: "You go for a quality person, not just somebody for being a woman. I wasn't on SportsCenter because I'm a woman."

              Whew!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kconn@Sep 7 2005, 10:28 AM
                Really... I thought she looked ok.
                She's awesome.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've never really cared for her. Weekend Sportcenter will be better off without her.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy+Sep 7 2005, 10:25 AM-->
                    QUOTE(Weird_English_Guy @ Sep 7 2005, 10:25 AM)

                  • #11
                    Originally posted by pgrote@Sep 7 2005, 10:28 AM
                    You scared the hell out of me. She's not gone:
                    Per USA TODAY:

                    Cohn's future:

                    For more consistency, ESPN revamped its SportsCenter lineup to feature seven anchors — all males. Linda Cohn, the show's most prominent woman, will leave — although she'll return for cameos.

                    And that, she says, is what she wants after regularly working four to five shows weekly, usually ones starting at 1 a.m. ET: "I told them flat-out I wasn't going to stay to do the same thing. I did for a decade. It was crazy, taking a toll. ... I want to see my kids. I forgot what my husband looked like."

                    Cohn joins a list of SportsCenter anchors —Chris Berman, Robin Roberts, Greg Gumbel, Mike Tirico, Craig Kilborn, Keith Olbermann and Kenny Mayne - who went on to other things. Cohn's new duties include NASCAR and NFL shows on ESPNEWS and doing WNBA play-by-play. "I want to grow," she says. "Would I like my own talk show? Yeah. It hasn't happened yet."

                    As for SportsCenter no longer having a star female, Cohn says it's "prehistoric" to assume the need for a quota: "You go for a quality person, not just somebody for being a woman. I wasn't on SportsCenter because I'm a woman."

                    Whew!
                    I didn't say she was gone. I said she was going to do other work just like you quoted:

                    Cohn joins a list of SportsCenter anchors —Chris Berman, Robin Roberts, Greg Gumbel, Mike Tirico, Craig Kilborn, Keith Olbermann and Kenny Mayne - who went on to other things.
                    RIP Stan the Man
                    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                    I miss TLR!

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      You said she was OFF ESPN. She isn't. Thank god.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        there goes the need for SportsCenter in HD
                        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          You guys have such low standards. Ugliest woman on ESPN, ever.

                          She is so fucking annoying and we will not have to listen to her lame editorials about the "METS" anymore on SC.

                          Thankfully I will never watch her again, since I dont watch that other shit she is now "demoted" to.
                          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Jack Sparrow@Sep 7 2005, 10:44 AM
                            She is so fucking annoying and we will not have to listen to her lame editorials about the "METS" anymore on SC.
                            You've missed one of America's greatest cultural treasures.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X