• Show
Clear All

• Cg, MsFunKay, etc.

http://katrinafoundpets.com/app.htm

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

how long would you have to keep an animal, and would you be responsible for buying its food too? Money is tight for me.

Comment

That's pretty cool.

I wonder what the casualty figures are on our four-legged friends?

We probably will never know.

And won't want to either.

I'm going to look into this call for help.

Comment

Do you think they would send a dog as far as STL? If so, I would certainly consider doing this. I don't have a pile of money to donate to the Red Cross or any other group, but I would be glad to offer my time and energies with something like this.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

cool. thanks, Dog.

I will sign up when I get home.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

If I can pick up a dog in less than a day's drive, I think I might do this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 6 2005, 08:22 PM
              That's pretty cool.

I wonder what the casualty figures are on our four-legged friends?

We probably will never know.

And won't want to either.

I'm going to look into this call for help.
              I saw Cooper Anderson report yesterday, with a dog on the porch they thought was among the many dead, and it fought to lift it's eyes up, he tried to get water to it, but said the water was too high

Comment

Okay, I'll attempt to generally answer some questions...

NC, I think it would depend on if the dog had a family or was a stray, the circumstances of the family (how soon they got new housing, jobs, etc.) You would supply all the food, water, housing, etc.

Lois, would they transport a dog as far as STL? I would assume that it depends on how many local area homes they have...but I do rescue transport; the longest one I was involved in was a German Shepherd that went from West Virginia to Santa Fe, NM. (I drove the Effingham, IL to Tulsa, OK leg.) The people who foster the rescues I pick up here live in Chicago; my alternates live near Indy.

I haven't been to that website yet, so I don't know what they are saying there (I just copied it from my rescue org's forum.) However, if you are seriously interested in fostering, fill out an application (if they have them online.)

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Lois Lane@Sep 6 2005, 09:25 PM
                  Do you think they would send a dog as far as STL? If so, I would certainly consider doing this. I don't have a pile of money to donate to the Red Cross or any other group, but I would be glad to offer my time and energies with something like this.
                  A co-worker's wife is either going down or know some people who are going down to bring a bunch of pets to Iowa to be fostered. I think that if they can find a foster home, no distance is too great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Sep 6 2005, 09:44 PM
                    Okay, I'll attempt to generally answer some questions...

NC, I think it would depend on if the dog had a family or was a stray, the circumstances of the family (how soon they got new housing, jobs, etc.) You would supply all the food, water, housing, etc.

Lois, would they transport a dog as far as STL? I would assume that it depends on how many local area homes they have...but I do rescue transport; the longest one I was involved in was a German Shepherd that went from West Virginia to Santa Fe, NM. (I drove the Effingham, IL to Tulsa, OK leg.) The people who foster the rescues I pick up here live in Chicago; my alternates live near Indy.

I haven't been to that website yet, so I don't know what they are saying there (I just copied it from my rescue org's forum.) However, if you are seriously interested in fostering, fill out an application (if they have them online.)
                    Thanks for the info. They do have an on-line app and I'll fill it out later. My silly beagle would love a playmate.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

as much as i'd love to, jasper was never friendly to groucho (my late rabbit) plus i have 5 kittens and their mother i'm "fostering" right now as well. we're actually worried she might be pregnant again!!!

but since i do want to help i can buy some stuff they need at the local target this wk along with some for sale school supplies. they have spray bottles and tape for like $1 and if they need newspapers, boy do we have plenty!!! i'll have to email and see what's up. thanks rdog

Comment

i emailed someone to ask if they still need supplies, so when i get the email, i'll let you guys know what they could use.

Comment

I just filled out and submitted the application.

I'll provide details when they contact me.

Comment

I just signed up.

Buster had some bad separation anxiety (not as bad as last time, but still...) again while I was gone. I think I can't leave town for a while. I believe I can't go to ST this coming year.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Here's what I told my wife about this. Say you are to foster a pet, and for whatever reason the family cannot take it back - they are moving somewhere they can't have pets or something - what happens then? Probably, it becomes your decision then to keep it permanently or return it to shelter. So, basically my opinion is you should be prepared to keep the animal permanently. I'm just throwing this out there as well - can you be guaranteed what you're getting is a displaced pet from the hurricane? I have heard they are moving the sheltered animals out from the south up north to make room for the displaced animals they are still trying to match with families. I guess they all need homes either way, but it just doesn't seem the same if you're getting a dog that was at the Houston, TX Humane Society.

Comment

Working...
                              X