Jeff Suppan overtakes Morris for 3rd spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Suppan overtakes Morris for 3rd spot

I'd pencil in Suppan for the 3rd spot in the postseason now, especially considering what he did last year (minus the baserunning bloop).
    Whether Morris is fatigued or hurt, he's looking awful and has looked awful for some time now.
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Originally posted by Brosnan2715@Sep 6 2005, 07:24 PM
    I'd pencil in Suppan for the 3rd spot in the postseason now, especially considering what he did last year (minus the baserunning bloop).
    Whether Morris is fatigued or hurt, he's looking awful and has looked awful for some time now.
    ++
    Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

No.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Call me crazy, call me nuts, but Marquis can be downright dominating if he keeps the ball down. I'd take him in the 3 spot, but only if he keeps this recent form alive.
        June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan@Sep 6 2005, 07:29 PM
          Call me crazy, call me nuts, but Marquis can be downright dominating if he keeps the ball down. I'd take him in the 3 spot, but only if he keeps this recent form alive.
          I thought about mentioning Marquis even possibly overtaking Morris spot in the postseason rotation altogether, but I also think that Marquis is a bigger headcase than Morris and has less experience. He also provides a great sinker for the bullpen, if he'll use it.
          In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan@Sep 6 2005, 07:29 PM
            ++

He has the chance right now to show some consistency prior to 10/1. If he does I hope he gets the ball. If not I hope it is Suppan. I have no confidence in Morris anymore.

Comment

So we're not giving Morris $10m/year now?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Marquis is our savior

Carp, Mulder, Marq
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Reyes.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

And what have YOU done for me lately?

I assume you folks want Izzy left off the roster altogether?

And now that King got a guy out the other day, he will be the 8th inning guy, no questions asked.
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Sep 7 2005, 02:37 AM
                      So we're not giving Morris $10m/year now?
                      "We" were never doing that. :P
                      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Sparrow@Sep 7 2005, 07:17 AM
                        And what have YOU done for me lately?

I assume you folks want Izzy left off the roster altogether?

And now that King got a guy out the other day, he will be the 8th inning guy, no questions asked.

So, with the complete morris history and story, are you completely comfortable running him out as your #3?

Especially when you are in possession of at least 3 pitchers that are pitching as good if not better.
                        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Give it up, people. You know as well as I do that TLR will be pitching Morris in the 3 spot come playoff time. He'll go with experience over the hot pitching hand in a second.
                          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

We've still got a month worth of starts to get this ironed out.

If Marquis dominates throughout September,
                            and Morris tanks the whole time....
                            ..Then LaRussa's hand will be forced.

Morris wont be back next season..
                            If his ego gets hurt-- then so be it.

Morris and Marquis are our two most enigmatic starters.

Lets hope they both can get and keep a hot hand.

Comment

Carp, Mulder and pray for rain.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                              X