Pardon my enthusiasm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardon my enthusiasm

I tend to always view the glass as half-empty (unless you're buying drinks). And it's obvious the Cardinals have question marks a month before the playoffs begin.

What's up with Izzy? Can Ray King deliver? Can the Unsung Heros -- So, Abe, Johnny Baseball, et. al. -- keep it up with the lights shine brighest?

But the truth is, I haven't been this excited, or confident, about a Cardinal team in a good long while. They're not only good, they play hungry. Even that horrible game the other night in Houston was telling -- we won't give up. And yesterday -- here was a day game after a long road trip, and the Cardinals played like they needed to win it to make the playoffs.

Anything can happen. But I can't think of any other team I'd rather be cheering for these days. The team that beats us will have to be damn good, and lucky.

This is the year.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

not today.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Not tomorrow, either.

Comment

Izzy - I think his days are numbered. We need a new closer.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan@Sep 6 2005, 11:07 AM
          Izzy - I think his days are numbered. We need a new closer.
          The good thing is that he's signed through 2007.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Sep 6 2005, 11:08 AM-->
            QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 6 2005, 11:08 AM)

Izzy is having a good season. A two-game burp in a good season. Never will understand why everybody wants to dump him after one or two bad games when he's a solid closer year after year after year.

And there's no reason not to be enthusiastic over the Cards. Best record in baseball. Very solid pitching. Fundamentally sound. Bring on the playoffs!
            Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Sep 6 2005, 11:12 AM
              Izzy is having a good season. A two-game burp in a good season. Never will understand why everybody wants to dump him after one or two bad games when he's a solid closer year after year after year.

++

The only way I would want to see him gone if is Walt could turn him into Wagner without breaking the bank.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not worried about the Izz. He's been one of the best closers in the game for a while now.

Last couple of games he's had problems getting his curve over, and he needs that pitch to keep folks from sitting on his fastball. He'll get the feel back. No worries yet.
                I like cheese.

Comment

yesterday kind of scared me with Izzy, but i wonder why he was even in the game at all. With a four run lead, use Tav and keep Iz on the bench incase Tav cant do the job, not the other way around

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Sep 6 2005, 10:12 AM
                    ++
                    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

I wish Izzy were not from here............
                      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Sep 6 2005, 11:12 AM

And there's no reason not to be enthusiastic over the Cards. Best record in baseball. Very solid pitching. Fundamentally sound. Bring on the playoffs!
                        He does always seem to get the job done and I agree that he's a solid pitcher, but he scares me a bit at times because he tends to put runners on the bases and has to pitch himself out of the inning. Maybe he's just doing that to make the games more exciting since the Cardinals are so far ahead in the division.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Sep 6 2005, 11:14 AM
                          yesterday kind of scared me with Izzy, but i wonder why he was even in the game at all. With a four run lead, use Tav and keep Iz on the bench incase Tav cant do the job, not the other way around

I wondered the same thing. Has anyone ever seen Izzy pitch well in a non-save situation? The man simply thrives on the pressure and when he's pitching with a big lead or in a mop up type of situation, he's horrible.
                          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Isringhausen has really given up a lot of baserunners this year, particularly with walks. Not a good long term recipe.

He's gotten away with it until just lately. I expect he'll improve, if nothing else by not nibbling as often as he has this year.
                            I'm always right.

Comment

Working...
                            X