Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cards (Morris) vs. Flubbies (Soft Tossin' Rusch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards (Morris) vs. Flubbies (Soft Tossin' Rusch)

Fire away kids!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Soft tossing lefty...not good...:(

But...Cards will win
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Bring us a W, 007.

Comment

....Time warp.

I seriously did a doubletake when I saw that title.

Comment

I'll be at the game, sitting front row in Big Mac land.

Cards are 3-0 with me in attendance this year.
          Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
          Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
          There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
          "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
          "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise@Sep 6 2005, 12:43 AM
            ....Time warp.

++

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise@Sep 6 2005, 12:43 AM
              ....Time warp. 

Cards (Morris) vs. Flubbies (Soft tossin' Rusch) 
              GDT: 1:20 CDT, check your local listings
              Cards (Morris) vs. Flubbies (Soft Tossin' Rusch)
              GDT: 7:10 CDT, check your local listings
              Ya don't say?!?!
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

at Busch with Mo?

locked up.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I hope Mabry sits until the Cubs go to the pen.

The boy can't hit a breaking ball even if he was told it was coming.

Comment

http://www.sportscartel.com/forum/in...showtopic=9545

BTW, what's up with the HoF? Littered with some very short threads (incl. some single-post threads) that wouldn't seem to belong.
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Morris out to join Cardinals' 15-win club
                      Chicago (66-71) at St. Louis (88-50), 7:10 p.m. CT

Matt Morris tries to become the Cardinals' third 15-game winner when he takes the mound on Tuesday night against the Cubs at Busch Stadium. The Cards still have an outside shot at getting all five of their starters to the 15-win plateau, and there's an excellent shot that they'll get at least four.
                      Morris, however, hasn't been at his best since the All-Star break. In nine second-half starts, he's 4-4 with a 5.43 ERA. His home run rate has climbed in the second half, while his strikeout rate has dipped. The right-hander has turned in some fine games, but overall he hasn't pitched at the level he did in the first half -- when he was considered for an All-Star berth.

The Cubs have been a particularly tough opponent for Morris this year. In two starts, he's given up six runs and five runs, and lost both times. Morris posted a 5.96 ERA in four starts last year against Chicago, though for most of his career he's pitched very well against the Redbirds' old rivals.

Left-hander Glendon Rusch takes the mound for the Cubs, and he'll be looking to end a lengthy losing streak. Rusch is 0-6 in his last eight starts, and he hasn't won a decision as a starter or reliever since pitching a shutout against the Padres on June 2.

Pitching matchup
                      CHC: LHP Glendon Rusch
                      • 5-8, 4.83 ERA in 2005
                      • 0-0, 0.00 ERA vs. STL in 2005

STL: RHP Matt Morris
                      • 14-6, 3.91 ERA in 2005
                      • 0-2, 8.74 ERA vs. CHC in 2005

Player to watch
                      Albert Pujols is surely looking forward to getting a crack at Rusch. For his career, Pujols is 13-for-34 (.382) against Rusch with three home runs and six doubles, for an .824 slugging percentage.

Quotable
                      "He's doing everything he can do. He's doing 100 percent of what he can do. The problem is that 100 percent is about 60 percent." -- Head athletic trainer Barry Weinberg, on Reggie Sanders' progress from a broken leg

On the Internet
                      MLB.TV
                      Gameday Audio
                      • Gameday
                      • Official game notes

On television
                      • CHC: WGN
                      • STL: FSN Midwest

On radio
                      • CHC: WGN 720
                      • STL: KMOX 1120

Quick hits
                      Morris is 7-2 at home this year. ... Morris needs nine strikeouts to tie Jesse Haines for fourth place on the franchise's all-time list, and 21 for 1,000 in his career. ... Yadier Molina is hitting .353 against left-handed pitching this year. ... David Eckstein has a 10-game hitting streak. ... The Cubs are the only NL Central team with a winning record against the Cards this year.

On deck
                      • Wednesday: vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m. CT
                      • Thursday: vs. New York Mets, 7:10 p.m. CT
                      • Friday: vs. New York Mets, 7:10 p.m. CT

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Sep 6 2005, 10:43 AM

BTW, what's up with the HoF?  Littered with some very short threads (incl. some single-post threads) that wouldn't seem to belong.
                        I think a bunch of those recent ones are what's left of the "religious enlightenment" April Fools Day joke that The Powers That Be pulled on us.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get that cleaned up......

Comment

11-8, Cards win.
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Sep 6 2005, 09:43 AM

BTW, what's up with the HoF?  Littered with some very short threads (incl. some single-post threads) that wouldn't seem to belong.
                            ++

Much like people in the entertainment industry (particulary the music biz) whose talents are described as "genius," we've seemingly lowered our standards regarding a HoF-worthy thread. These days most anything crazy in content, or high in post count elicits shouts of "HoF thread" from the denizens.

Inclusion has been significantly compromised, and I am not happy about it.

On the other hand, who cares...this is simply a fun stopover while en route to a specific destination. So toss me a cold drink and a willing wench.

Regarding tonite's game -- it has been mentioned that soft-tossing lefties typically give us trouble. Rusch was destroyed in his last outing, hopefully we can bookend that humiliation and do the same.

Go Cards!
                            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Is anyone else watching this game? Hairston had a leadoff double, Lee singled him home, Burnitz just walked, and Mr. Hamm is batting with only one out. Not a good start.

Comment

Working...
                              X