Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Mizzou basketball fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Mizzou basketball fans out there?

Hey tiggers. I haven't been following MU's basketball recruting class too well this year. I was wondering if someone could compare and contrast it to KU's recruiting class. Thanks.
    Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special messages. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A. for at least 48 hours.

Originally posted by Vypasbie@Sep 5 2005, 10:07 PM
    Hey tiggers. I haven't been following MU's basketball recruting class too well this year. I was wondering if someone could compare and contrast it to KU's recruiting class. Thanks.
    I'm not a Tiger fan, but I do pay attention to recruiting. If you're talking about "this year" in the sense of the upcoming season, then MU's class was very subpar compared to Quin's previous classes. There aren't a lot of players and the highest ranked player didn't qualify. KU's group is probably the best in the nation.

If you're talking about the NEXT group, then KU hasn't gotten anyone to commit and I believe (IIRC) that Mizzou does have a top 100 committment. Now, MU is not in on any top 50 types and KU is listed in a bunch of lists in the top 20 but we'll see what happens. KU did have a guy committed, but we apparently ran him off because he ended up sucking this summer.
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Two words...

Not good
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Sep 6 2005, 10:17 AM
        Two words...

Not good
        Recruiting and Mizzou is irrelevant. Quinny can't develop players. He could have the number 1 rated class in the country and they would underachieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Beetlebop70+Sep 6 2005, 09:22 AM-->
          QUOTE(Beetlebop70 @ Sep 6 2005, 09:22 AM)

Not sure how up-to-date this is
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I dont think too many Mizzou basketball fans are excited about this upcoming season. The two best players on last years mediocre team (Conley and Kleiza) are gone, and Q is still the coach.

Players like Gardner, Dandridge, Horton, Young, Brown, are really going to have to step it up. I think Brown will emerge as the best player on the team this year. McKinney needs to play less if Mizzou wants to be a better team.
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Is it just me or does this seem like Year 6 for Jimmy McKinney?
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy+Sep 7 2005, 05:37 AM-->
                QUOTE(chiguy @ Sep 7 2005, 05:37 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Beetlebop70+Sep 7 2005, 07:50 AM-->
                QUOTE(Beetlebop70 @ Sep 7 2005, 07:50 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 05:37 AM

"Question for Mizzou basketball fans out there?"

Yes, Quinny Pooh is still the coach and yes the tiggers are gonna suck donkey balls this year.

But the good news is that "Q" is done after this year. Let the angels sing!!
                --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                --Suck it cubbies.
                --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy+Sep 6 2005, 06:01 AM-->
                  QUOTE(chiguy @ Sep 6 2005, 06:01 AM)

Originally posted by dhaab@Sep 7 2005, 09:32 AM

Yeah, that used car salesman coaching KU is great at selling his program. The problem is he's not too good at developing players. The job he did this past year speaks volumes. Preseason top 3 team loses in the first round of the tournament.

I'm not pleased with our season, but I'm not willing to throw him overboard just yet. Those players weren't recruited for Self's system and, except for Simien, they certainly didn't fit it. The guy has a fine record at Illinois and Tulsa, so I'm willing to cut him some slack for another couple of seasons.
                  On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy+Sep 7 2005, 05:37 AM-->
                    QUOTE(chiguy @ Sep 7 2005, 05:37 AM)

I'll GLADLY take Self.

Had MU hired him in the first place when they had the chance...they wouldn't have this clusterfuck they have now.

It will interesting to see how Illinois does minus the players Self recruited.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                    X