Barbara Bush steps in it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbara Bush steps in it...

Former first lady and mother to President Bush said Monday that evacuees from New Orleans have found a home in Houston.

"Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston," Barbara Bush told NPR.

"What I’m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this --this is working very well for them."
    I think I know what she meant...sure didn't come out that way.

"Hell, they're poor anyway, so it wasn't like they lost much. Plus, they get a free vacation."
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Well, this is going to be one of the most interesting aspects of this catastrophe, whether we like it or not. Where in the fuck are these people, who have no flood insurance, going to go?

Comment

Originally posted by chazzz@Sep 5 2005, 09:00 PM
      Well, this is going to be one of the most interesting aspects of this catastrophe, whether we like it or not. Where in the fuck are these people, who have no flood insurance, going to go?
      This morning, Burwell ripped on the fact some of the victims are being housed in an abandoned prison for the time being, saying their dignity has been taken. I've seen some fucked-up disasters in my time, especially during my tour in GTMO, so I have to say those people who are being housed in the prison probably consider themselves lucky to have a roof over their head and some warm meals and the ability to shower. It ain't much, but for right now, it's something. I don't envy any of them right now and even as a conservative Republican, our government fucked the dog on its reaction and should and hopefully will be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05+Sep 5 2005, 08:05 PM-->
        QUOTE(skippy05 @ Sep 5 2005, 08:05 PM)

Chazzz,

Dont count on it. This administration refuses to hold accountability for anything.

Its pretty damn scary, if you ask me.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Remember when momma Bush came up with this classic?

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths," Barbara Bush said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on March 18, 2003. "Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Mr. G

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Sep 5 2005, 09:15 PM
            Chazzz,

Dont count on it. This administration refuses to hold accountability for anything.

Its pretty damn scary, if you ask me.
            I don't restrict that opinion to this administration. The U.S. government has had no real accountability since pre-Korea Truman. The only President I give even a little credit to was Carter. He may have been an ineffective tool, but at least he was an honest one who got dealt a shitty hand...

Comment

What if she was telling the truth?

Many of these people were living poverty line or below. Now they have a chance to get out of that. The kids will probably end up getting a better education than they could have in New Orleans. Jobs will be offered to those that want it. They don't have to worry about food or shelter.

Comment

How many of you are willing to abandon your homes, everything you own, and your jobs (such that they are), on the hope that the government will replace it all and improve your lot in life?

This comment aside, Babs is a queen bitch. Makes Hillary look like Snow White. She puts up the grandma facade, but she wears the pants and the strap-on in that family.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Sep 6 2005, 11:53 AM
                  How many of you are willing to abandon your homes, everything you own, and your jobs (such that they are), on the hope that the government will replace it all and improve your lot in life?
                  The homes probably weren't theirs. As in they didn't own them. Shitty jobs. No hope.

At least now you have some hope.

Generational poverty has a chance to be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Sep 6 2005, 10:51 AM
                    What if she was telling the truth?

Many of these people were living poverty line or below. Now they have a chance to get out of that. The kids will probably end up getting a better education than they could have in New Orleans. Jobs will be offered to those that want it. They don't have to worry about food or shelter.
                    You can't be serious. Besides, she actually laughed while saying it.

Yeah, I'd much rather be in a giant stadium with my wife and children sleeping on a cot with 25,000 others.

And when are those "jobs" coming?

Completely ridiculous premise.
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Sep 6 2005, 11:57 AM
                      Completely ridiculous premise.
                      Right.

Let's let them go back to the shitty lives they had. That's a plan, too, I guess.

Between private organizations and the government, this is a chance to show that poverty can be dealt with. We shouldn't let this opportunity pass.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Sep 6 2005, 10:59 AM-->
                        QUOTE(pgrote @ Sep 6 2005, 10:59 AM)

Originally posted by pgrote+Sep 6 2005, 11:59 AM-->
                        QUOTE(pgrote @ Sep 6 2005, 11:59 AM)

Originally posted by pgrote+Sep 6 2005, 10:55 AM-->
                        QUOTE(pgrote @ Sep 6 2005, 10:55 AM)
                      Working...
                      X