One week ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One week ago

Hard to believe. I would never have thought that I would have to bury a one of my children when I'm 40 years old. He was out with some friends and jumped in the back of his friends truck when they stopped so one of his other friends could pee.
    The driver thought it would be funny to take off, unfortunately, my son fell out and serverly fractured his skull which lead to a tramatic brain injury.
    It was a week ago that it happened and he was buried on 9/1. It has been very difficult time for my entire family. I have been comforted by the sheer number of people that he seemed to touch during his short life. Fortunately, we have a strong family and great group of friends that have been able to support us during this time.
    For those of you that have kids, please warn them about the risk of riding or even getting in the back of a pick-up truck.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive,
    nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
    -Charles Darwin

My condolences... :(

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

:o

That's heartbreaking, BS. Best wishes for your family.
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

good luck and condolences brain stew.
        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Man that sucks :(

My condolences...
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

I really don't know what to say, other than to offer my thoughts and prayers.
            Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Devastating.

Tore me up all week thinking about it, Stew. Can't imagine what you are going through.
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

That sucks, BS. Condolences..
                The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your son. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Sep 5 2005, 12:53 PM
                    Devastating.

Tore me up all week thinking about it, Stew. Can't imagine what you are going through.
                    DV,
                    It has been tough. We are getting by and just hope that with time, the bad times will be less bad and the good times will be better.
                    Stu
                    It is not the strongest of the species that survive,
                    nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
                    -Charles Darwin

Comment

Originally posted by Brain Stew@Sep 5 2005, 11:44 AM
                      For those of you that have kids, please warn them about the risk of riding or even getting in the back of a pick-up truck.
                      Thanks for posting this warning. It says a lot about you that you can think about others darning your time of tragedy.

Riding in the bed of a pickup is incredibly dangerous. Even the slightest fender-bender can send the occupants flying. JJ.

Comment

condolences from myself and my family. :(

Comment

Thoughts and prayers BS.
                          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

That's devastating. All I can say is that you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Comment

I'm so sorry Stew. Nothing is sadder than a parent having to bury their own child.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

I am again reminded of how lucky I was to survive my youth.
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X