Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Reporter Suicide

Source

FORMER ESPN reporter Adrian Karsten, facing a prison tax rap, was found dead, an apparent suicide, in his Wisconsin home, officials said yesterday.

Cops declined to provide details but Karsten's ex-wife told The Post that investigators have labeled it a suicide.

Karsten pleaded guilty in July to failing to report about $607,000 in income he made as a sideline reporter for ESPN college football games between 1999 and 2002.

He was sentenced to serve 11 months in prison and nine months home confinement.

He was supposed to report to a federal lockup in Rochester, Minn., last Thursday but never showed up, his ex-wife said. — David K. Li
    Pics in case you don't know what he looks like.

Holy shit.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
    Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Sep 5 2005, 10:49 AM
      Source

FORMER ESPN reporter Adrian Karsten, facing a prison tax rap, was found dead, an apparent suicide, in his Wisconsin home, officials said yesterday.

Cops declined to provide details but Karsten's ex-wife told The Post that investigators have labeled it a suicide.

Karsten pleaded guilty in July to failing to report about $607,000 in income he made as a sideline reporter for ESPN college football games between 1999 and 2002.

He was sentenced to serve 11 months in prison and nine months home confinement.

He was supposed to report to a federal lockup in Rochester, Minn., last Thursday but never showed up, his ex-wife said. — David K. Li
      Pics in case you don't know what he looks like.
      Another case of the herd being thinned...no sympathy. Don't commit a crime if you're too much of a pussy to do the time.
      The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

wtf.

I hadn't even heard of the tax issue.
        No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
        President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
        President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by mw.2@Sep 5 2005, 12:24 PM
          wtf.

I hadn't even heard of the tax issue.
          Ditto. First I've heard of this............. :(

Comment

what the hell....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

And here I thought they dumped him just so they could put a hot girl on the sidelines.

Comment

I didn't even realize he'd left ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05@Sep 5 2005, 12:01 PM
                  Another case of the herd being thinned...no sympathy. Don't commit a crime if you're too much of a pussy to do the time.

You felt the need to put that in writing?
                  But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05@Sep 5 2005, 11:01 AM

What a heartless no-good stinking prick. You've lost a lot of my respect with those kinds of comments. I hope you were drunk when you typed that because that would be your only excuse. :angry:
                    RIP Stan the Man
                    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                    I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Sep 5 2005, 01:54 PM
                      I didn't even realize he'd left ESPN.
                      i didn't even realize he was ON ESPN.
                      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

For some reason I always associate him with the Holiday Bowl and Cool Runnings.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor:
                        Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                        The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                        Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by jhuegy+Sep 5 2005, 03:10 PM-->
                          QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 5 2005, 03:10 PM)

That's your opinion and I shared mine. The guy knowingly committed a crime, was punished, couldn't handle the punishment and checked out. No sympathy. If he was strung out on drugs, I could at least understand...people do stupid things on drugs and addiction is a horrible thing. But the fact is, he knowingly cheated the government out of money and when he was caught, he took what he felt was the easy way out. From the sound of it, he was making pretty good money, so why hold out? Again, if you don't think you can handle the punishment, don't break the law. It's no different than the jackass in Miami who was about to do some time, so he killed himself at the reception area of the Miami Herald. Maybe there was more to this story than what was reported, but based on what was posted, again, no sympathy. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, this was an open forum where different opinions are posted, popular or not.
                          I hope you kill yourself soon, preferably in shame and disgust after being gang raped.
                          But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Garvin@Sep 5 2005, 05:07 PM
                            That's your opinion and I shared mine. The guy knowingly committed a crime, was punished, couldn't handle the punishment and checked out. No sympathy. If he was strung out on drugs, I could at least understand...people do stupid things on drugs and addiction is a horrible thing. But the fact is, he knowingly cheated the government out of money and when he was caught, he took what he felt was the easy way out. From the sound of it, he was making pretty good money, so why hold out? Again, if you don't think you can handle the punishment, don't break the law. It's no different than the jackass in Miami who was about to do some time, so he killed himself at the reception area of the Miami Herald. Maybe there was more to this story than what was reported, but based on what was posted, again, no sympathy. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, this was an open forum where different opinions are posted, popular or not.
                            I hope you kill yourself soon, preferably in shame and disgust after being gang raped.
                            Oh, boo-hoo...sorry I trampled over your delicate sensabilities...I guess the only opinions allowed here are ones that jibe with your own. Grow up. So indulge me, why do you and jhuegy feel sorry for him? How did this guy touch your life to make you feel anything for his passing? The fact is, people screw up everyday and go to prison. If you choose to commit a felony, THAT'S what happens. But people survive it. Martha Stewart did. Leona Helmsley did. Hell, that worthless NYC publicist Lizzie Grubman did. None of them offed themselves. Apparently, your friend at ESPN couldn't handle the fact he was expected to cowboy up and accept the punishment for the crime he comitted. He couldn't and he chose a gutless, cowardly way out. And before it's asked, "Have you ever lost anyone like that?", I'll tell you that yes, I have. I've lost a couple people who were dear to me due to suicide and I thought they were gutless as well because the problems they faced were TEMPORARY PROBLEMS!!! They left people who cared for them because they were selfish and gutless. When I think of my friends who took their lives, I can't think of the good times we had, I think of the fact we'll never have good times again because they choose a cowardly way out. So don't preach to me about what a stinking prick I am or why did I feel the need to post what I did. If you don't like what I post, don't read it and if you don't like my opinions, that's your right, but don't act so sanctimonious when the both of you have posted things here that are hardly socially acceptable. When the two of you are nominated to sainthood, talk to me then. Until then, quit acting like you're above such petty and horrible things and that you're so much better than I am because I posted an honest opinion...
                            The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Working...
                            X