Damned video games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damned video games

When I was laid up for two months this spring after stomach surgery, I bought the game "God of War." Quite possibly the best game I've ever played. I beat it in four days, in 10-hour bursts each day. Since getting back to work, my PS2's been fucked up and my schedule has been nuts. Yesterday, my schedule was light and my PS2 worked, so I started playing GOW again, even though I beat it already. Just as addictive as before, I played five consecutive hours. My eyes were killing me and, for some reason, my head got stopped up like I had a sinus infection. The question is: What video game have you played to the point it felt like you were risking your health, but just could not stop playing?
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Madden, Football/Championship Manager, Grand Theft Auto, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic.

Plus many more I don't remember.

Comment

March Madness. I would run through a season in a couple of days. I love the dynasty mode.

Comment

One night, probably five years ago, I ran through TWO entire seasons of NASCAR. As a child, I spent untold hours at a local store playing the stand-up version of Super Mario Bros. I was one of those annoying shits who would hog the game for hours on one quarter...

Comment

I never knew there were any loungers that video game'd it.

We ought to have some online tournaments or something. Although I'm only on PS2 and seems like everyone i run into says they have XBox.

Comment

Originally posted by DBear@Sep 4 2005, 10:28 AM
            I never knew there were any loungers that video game'd it.

We ought to have some online tournaments or something. Although I'm only on PS2 and seems like everyone i run into says they have XBox.
            Are you kidding? You have a group of people wasting valuable time on a message board and you didn't think they played video games? Hell, this place literally SCREAMS geek on occassion...

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05@Sep 4 2005, 10:30 AM
              Are you kidding? You have a group of people wasting valuable time on a message board and you didn't think they played video games? Hell, this place literally SCREAMS geek on occassion...
              Yeah...i just figured that we were wasting that time at work though.

I though actual free time was spent with a bottle or can of some kind of frosty cold beverage.

Comment

Christ, where to start...I've had marathon sessions with the following games:

Halo
                Halo 2
                Half-Life
                Half-Life 2
                Doom III
                Call of Duty
                NCAA Football 2005
                Fable
                Knights of the Old Republic
                Ghost Recon 2
                Diablo II
                Age of Empires II

But I'd have to say the longest session was Halo.

Comment

I can't remember the name of the game, it was an old first person shooter, I would get dizzy playing it, I mean DIZZY, throwing up dizzy, but I'd play until I couldn't any more, I'd be sick for an hour or more after I quit.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Halo 1 & 2
                    KOTOR 1 & 2
                    Madden
                    EA's NHL
                    ESPN Baseball
                    NCAA Football
                    Max Payne 1 & 2
                    Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Comment

Doom
                      Quake and Quake II
                      (I worship at the shrine of John Carnak)

Pirates (the original on Amiga)
                      Diablo I
                      "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                      "I didn't know you
                      had any feelings"

Comment

The only game I've ever truly felt was controlling my life was Final Fantasy VII. Not only was it one of the first RPG's I ever played (I credit Earthbound for getting me into that Genre), it was also my first PSX game, and EASILY my most played one. To this date, since I first played the game in 1998, I've beaten it 5 times, 2 of which I did absolutely everything in the game, including beating those friggin' Weapons. I rolled the in-game clock over on those two play-throughs, exceeding 99 hours each.

Don't get me wrong, when I get a new game I'm always playing it almost non-stop, but FF7 was the only one I felt like I couldn't pull myself away from until I had beaten it, no matter what.

Right now I'm still on the Madden '06 kick, but NHL2k6 is days away, and I'll shift over to that soon enough.

Comment

AOE II

Battlefield 1942

starcraft

city of heroes

warhammer 40000 ad

Comment

Civilization III
                            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                              X