• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Review

This thing sucks

This thing on the other hand kicks ass

And another thing that SUCKS ASS

This on the other hand is VERY good

The Mac Mini is just not powerful enough, I had to take it back and upgrade to the iMac.
    The iMac is very nice, it sucks that I now have two monitors on my computer desk that happens to be in the living room sort of, Wife is gonna kill me.
    But the machine kicks ass.

As for the mouse.... NO fucking right click :angry:
    But for those of you who like not being able to right click (who fucking knows why you want to give up functionality, but some of you do) the wireless one is kick ass, no right click, but the blue tooth shit works great!! I tried a Logitech blue tooth that was crap, this thing has zero glitches.

My review? Buy an iMac with the wireless keyboard and mouse, throw the mouse out the fucking window on the way home and use a good USB wired mouse.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

And even thought I should have known you were talking about a Mac, for some dumb reason (well actually I do know the reason), I thought you were going to talk about MAC West i.e. MO Athletcic Club....

I need a vacation from work...
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Sep 4 2005, 01:26 AM

And another thing that SUCKS ASS

Speaking of ass, that damned thing looks like a suppository.
      This information may intrigue Hep.
      "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
      "I didn't know you
      had any feelings"

Comment

An expensive toy, my friend.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I've been tempted to but a Mac Mini but I've been deferred buy all of the stuff I've read on the Apple user message boards. Many saying they need upgrades in memory and ram and such. Some times I tell myself that I would suit my needs perfectly but I'm not sure how well it would hold up once I installed the Adobe Creative suite on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DBear@Sep 4 2005, 09:52 AM
            I've been tempted to but a Mac Mini but I've been deferred buy all of the stuff I've read on the Apple user message boards. Many saying they need upgrades in memory and ram and such. Some times I tell myself that I would suit my needs perfectly but I'm not sure how well it would hold up once I installed the Adobe Creative suite on it.
            For most of us, the base mini probably isn't enough. I use Adobe CS as well, and would never rely on a mini to get anything done graphics-wise. I have G5 2-processor tower with plenty of RAM and Adobe eats up my resources. Acrobat has really bloated recently, too, so even viewing pdfs can be tediously slow.
            No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
            President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
            President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by mw.2@Sep 4 2005, 09:56 AM
              For most of us, the base mini probably isn't enough. I use Adobe CS as well, and would never rely on a mini to get anything done graphics-wise. I have G5 2-processor tower with plenty of RAM and Adobe eats up my resources. Acrobat has really bloated recently, too, so even viewing pdfs can be tediously slow.
              Oh yeah. Theres tons of crap in Acrobat 7 that I'm just even finding out about. The plus is that it makes my job easier because I can identify crap in acrobat. The minus is that it takes forever for some things to complete.

The funny thing is that I have acrobat 6 on my notebook and it runs like a charm and my notebook (PC) is a tad slower than my Mac at work.

Comment

Working...
              X