Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports say the Cardinal's aquire...

Roger Cedeno for Widger and Delgado.

The mets probably will pay most of his 10 million dollar salary.
    OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Welcome Cedeno as our new left fielder.

How long do you think it will take for Wilson Delgado to walk through his relvolving door at Busch again?
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

I'd rather Lankford play left and hit leadoff.

This guy can't hit or field.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Worst trade ever.

Comment

TLR obviously has a fetish this year for aging guys that used to steal bases that cant get on base.

Where will it end?
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

All that we lost was Widger and Delgado (again).

I think that this trade is worth it as long as:

1) We aren't paying that ridiculous salary.

2) Wilson Delgado is no longer a member of the Cardinals.

I just took a look at his numbers (Cedeno's) and god are they piss poor.

What were the Mets thinking when they shelled him all of that bling bling?!

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Low risk move in terms of talent given up and money owed....

Will the loss of Widger affect the pitching staff in any great way and will Cedeno be able to get on base are the two key questions.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Apr 3 2004, 04:32 PM
                All that we lost was Widger and Delgado (again).

I think that this trade is worth it as long as:

1) We aren't paying that ridiculous salary.

2) Wilson Delgado is no longer a member of the Cardinals.

I just took a look at his numbers (Cedeno's) and god are they piss poor.

What were the Mets thinking when they shelled him all of that bling bling?!
                They mistook him for Ceasar Cedeno and were in a time warp for 30 years.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Aside from being a switch hitter and power potential, he sounds like Vina.

Per ESPN:

The switch-hitting Cedeno has decent power for a leadoff hitter but does not possess the patience nor the discipline necessary to register a respectable on-base percentage from the top spot. His strikeout-walk ratio last season was a poor 2.3-1. The free swinger is prone to chasing high pitches, and he often is caught looking on pitches in the lower reaches of the strike zone. Cedeno is a much better hitter from the left side, although he drives the ball better as a righthanded swinger.

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Apr 3 2004, 04:36 PM
                    Aside from being a switch hitter and power potential, he sounds like Vina.

Per ESPN:

The switch-hitting Cedeno has decent power for a leadoff hitter but does not possess the patience nor the discipline necessary to register a respectable on-base percentage from the top spot. His strikeout-walk ratio last season was a poor 2.3-1. The free swinger is prone to chasing high pitches, and he often is caught looking on pitches in the lower reaches of the strike zone. Cedeno is a much better hitter from the left side, although he drives the ball better as a righthanded swinger.
                    In other words....he stinks.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I'd rather offer Benes and Ryan for Bradley, but whatever. This seems kind of stupid to me.
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by TTB+Apr 3 2004, 04:35 PM-->
                        QUOTE (TTB @ Apr 3 2004, 04:35 PM)

If we are not paying Cedeno's salary this is a decent move. Widger is a borderline backup catcher and we all know Delgado does not belong in pro baseball at any level.

If Cedeno shows some discipline at the plate he could be okay at leadoff. He hasn't done that for 3 years but he is capable of getting on base at .380-.400 clip. Of course he has no power at all and cannot play defense. Still that is better than Ray Lankford.

As usal the cardinals are gambling that one washed up retread can regain his former glory. With Womack, Lankford and now Cedeno I guess you can say we have better odds of one of them being decent. There is that 90% chance that they will all suck but this is what I have come to expect from the cardinals for quite some time.

Comment

Per ESPN, it only gets worse:

Baserunning & Defense
                          Cedeno continues to have good speed even though he appears to have lost a step in the past two years. His baserunning instincts, meanwhile, continue to be suspect. He was successful on just 14 of 23 stolen-base attempts last season, although his 105 swipes as a Met rank eighth on the franchise's career list. Defensively, Cedeno saw the vast majority of activity in right field last year. Regardless of where he is stationed, he misplays balls by frequently overrunning them and continues to take the wrong path on flyballs. While his arm strength is considered slightly above-average, the accuracy of his throws remains suspect.

2004 Outlook
                          Cedeno's unruly contract does not expire until after the 2005 campaign, which is the only reason the Mets have not parted company with the declining outfielder. The organization has considered eating the remainder of the deal, but that scenario is not likely until next year. While New York would prefer to find enough parts to make Cedeno a reserve, he likely will find his name in the lineup more often than not this season.

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens+Apr 3 2004, 04:41 PM-->
                            QUOTE (ScottStevens @ Apr 3 2004, 04:41 PM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 04:35 PM
                            Working...
                            X