I may be in the shitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be in the shitter

Alright, I'll admit this straight off, I may have fucked up.

Generally speaking I don't often get involved with the ladies at work, it's bad practice and bad form. I never get involved with those under me.
    So here's the problem.
    Recently a young lady (no you don't need to know how young) who has recently graduated college has been interning for me as part of her master's in MIS. She's cute and all but not relationship material for me. After killing myself and much of my staff these past three months on getting another location ready where the suits kept changing their minds, the group has finally been able to unwind these past couple fo weeks. Anyway after the last "oh dark-30" work day we all went out for drinks, my shout. Figured it was the least I could do after the hell we had all gone through. Much alcohol consumed by all, usual loss of inhibitions follows.
    Young lady comes over to talk and outrageous flirting commences. I'm not that charming, but we end out at my house. Ordinarily this would have just been a one-night stand in my book, however she doesn't see things that way. She sees it as more of a relationship than I do. A "casual relationship" I believe she called it, although she seems to want something more.
    So the past week or so has been a rather rapid affair. Needless to say, she's spending an awful lot of time around me. Now most of my staff are wrapped up in their own lives and don't notice anything that isn't happening about 2 inches from the end of their nose. Others though are pretty on the ball and have noticed but have tactfully kept it to themselves. I've generally tried to keep this as professional as possible, but it's difficult when you've boinked her enough to...well you get the picture.

Oh, and did I forget to mention she's the overly-protective President's daughter?
    I did?
    Yeah, so that puts a whole 'nother wheel on the old wagon doesn't it?

So, how in the name of nine levels of hell am I going to extricate myself here? I would like to keep this position, it lets me still mess with the day to day tasks while giving me upper-middle management experience. I could get out, but finding this particular blend's a difficult matter to find.
    And asking those around me isn't terrible helpful. Half haven't gotten laid since the Clinton made getting screwed on the job trendy, and the others think I'm in like Flynt.
    "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
    "I didn't know you
    had any feelings"

This thread is useless w/out description of vitals...(I'd say pics, but I don't want you to get into any trouble... )

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

You banged Jenna Bush?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Sep 3 2005, 04:58 PM
        You banged Jenna Bush?

I would have been better off tapping that.
        Then at least I could re-coup the money with talkshows that I'll lose if "daddy" finds out about this little tryst.
        "I didn't know you
        had any feelings"

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Sep 3 2005, 04:56 PM
          This thread is useless w/out description of vitals...(I'd say pics, but I don't want you to get into any trouble... )
          You're a real schweet-hart....

She's younger than me and female.
          And definitely not ugly.
          "I didn't know you
          had any feelings"

Comment

You're screwed.

Congratulations on your impending nuptials.
            The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

That's a pickle. Know a good jeweler?
              No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
              President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
              President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Time to look for a new job - seriously.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by gibsongirl+Sep 3 2005, 05:07 PM-->
                  QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Sep 3 2005, 05:07 PM)
                  You're screwed.

[/b]

Screwing is what got me into this mess, I don't think screwing will get me out.

You're not being helpful.

I don't think she knows what "casual relationships" are. Either that or she has let her emotions get involved. Once that happens, the "causalness" is over, and the deal needs to be broken, the faster the better.

Emotions and casual relationships can't mix.

You're obviously going to have to talk to her about this while you are tip-toeing around trying to keep your job.

Good luck.
                  Feb. 08, 2005
                  Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                  Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                  Originally posted by Airshark
                  NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Sep 3 2005, 05:09 PM
                    Time to look for a new job - seriously.
                    While an option JD, it's not my first choice.
                    Although it is preferable to the aforementioned choices by the two sadists above.
                    "I didn't know you
                    had any feelings"

Comment

You did it, now deal with the consequences.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                      Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

JUst tell the little whore to get lost...
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Originally posted by SunuvaNun+Sep 3 2005, 05:10 PM-->
                          QUOTE(SunuvaNun @ Sep 3 2005, 05:10 PM)

Originally posted by SunuvaNun+Sep 3 2005, 05:12 PM-->
                          QUOTE(SunuvaNun @ Sep 3 2005, 05:12 PM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2005, 05:07 PM
                          You're screwed.

Screwing is what got me into this mess, I don't think screwing will get me out.
                          You're not being helpful.

Working...
                        X