Mardi Gras moving to St.Louis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mardi Gras moving to St.Louis?

I heard this mentioned this morning on 550 as well as this afternoon on 590. There's no way the The Big Easy will be in any shape to host Mardi Gras next year, so the possibility of moving it up-river to St.Louis came up.

I started mulling this scenario over in my head. Can you imagine the booze-soaked chaos that would take place on the streets of our fair town. As if someone stuck an airhose up the butt of our relatively small Mardi Gras party, this place would explode.

I was doing some work for BSB Property Development in Soulard this afternoon and already the rumor mill is grinding. They too have heard rumblings about this and are trying to dig further into it for concrete information.

If this would in fact, come to fruition, can you imagine the _________?

1. Economic boost.
    2. Boobs.
    3. Traffic congestion.
    4. Boobs.
    5. Beer consumption.
    6. Urination.
    7. Boobs.

I say it's the least we can do to help out our neighbor to the south, right?
    Official sponsor of Bigpeeler.

Originally posted by bigpeeler@Sep 2 2005, 09:29 PM
    I heard this mentioned this morning on 550 as well as this afternoon on 590. There's no way the The Big Easy will be in any shape to host Mardi Gras next year, so the possibility of moving it up-river to St.Louis came up.

I started mulling this scenario over in my head. Can you imagine the booze-soaked chaos that would take place on the streets of our fair town. As if someone stuck an airhose up the butt of our relatively small Mardi Gras party, this place would explode.

I was doing some work for BSB Property Development in Soulard this afternoon and already the rumor mill is grinding. They too have heard rumblings about this and are trying to dig further into it for concrete information.

1. Economic boost.
    2. Boobs.
    3. Traffic congestion.
    4. Boobs.
    5. Beer consumption.
    6. Urination.
    7. Boobs.

you forgot
    8. ???
    9. Profit

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I say not "no", but "hell no"...

That would be a disaster of manganimous proportion...

STL has no where near the facilities to accommodate that...

Nor the jail space...
      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

If we can pull it off, I say go for it.

I think it would be a nice way to help out New Orleans.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

mardi gras ain't mardi gras if its not in NOs

Comment

Originally posted by bigpeeler@Sep 2 2005, 07:29 PM

1. Economic boost.
            2. Boobs.
            3. Traffic congestion.
            4. Boobs.
            5. Beer consumption.
            6. Urination.
            7. Boobs.

If this happens I will be home for Mardi Gras.
            Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Comment

Be careful for what you wish.
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I'm involved w/Mardi Gras on a small scale, there is no way this city could handle it. Of course something would happen the first year of my three year ride {sigh} There will still be things going on for Mardi Gras somewhere near NOLA, it's just to early to tell. The STL Mardi Gras folks are already stepping up to help out the vicitms, which is a very nice jesture in itself. (see my other thread)

I'll let you guys know more as I hear about it.
                Feb. 08, 2005
                Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                Originally posted by Airshark
                NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

St Louis already has Mardi Gras

But not at the levels NO has it.
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme@Sep 3 2005, 10:30 AM
                    I'm involved w/Mardi Gras on a small scale, there is no way this city could handle it. Of course something would happen the first year of my three year ride {sigh} There will still be things going on for Mardi Gras somewhere near NOLA, it's just to early to tell. The STL Mardi Gras folks are already stepping up to help out the vicitms, which is a very nice jesture in itself. (see my other thread)

I'll let you guys know more as I hear about it.
                    Just as long as you show us your bewbies...

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Can you imagine 500,000 arriving in Soulard/St.Louis for Mardi Gras, primed and ready for a few days of revelrie and drunken anarchy,,,only to be met with a SLPD imposed 10:00pm curfew? Riiiiiight.

Ha ha ha ha ha...
                      Official sponsor of Bigpeeler.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpeeler@Sep 3 2005, 12:08 PM
                        Can you imagine 500,000 arriving in Soulard/St.Louis for Mardi Gras, primed and ready for a few days of revelrie and drunken anarchy,,,only to be met with a SLPD imposed 10:00pm curfew? Riiiiiight.

Ha ha ha ha ha...
                        That is on one day, not the whole time leading up to it.
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott
                        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933+Sep 3 2005, 10:56 AM-->
                          QUOTE(Rdog3933 @ Sep 3 2005, 10:56 AM)

Originally posted by Guppy+Sep 3 2005, 11:11 AM-->
                          QUOTE(Guppy @ Sep 3 2005, 11:11 AM)

Is Soulard large enough to contain any more people?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X