Back on the soapbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the soapbox

OK, yesterday I hammered federal officials for their response in New Orleans.

Now I'd like to ask: Where's the Red Cross? They seem to show up every 10 seconds on TV saying they need money, but how come they were nowhere to see at that convention center?

Again, I repeat: If CNN, MSNBC and FOX News can get reporters into those places, the Red Cross should be able to, too.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

You know, it's REALLY hard to know what actually is going on down there, and what actually IS being done, but....

it's also hard to argue with your point.

I did hear W say this morning that the response to this point was "not acceptable." That's at least a step.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Sep 2 2005, 08:27 AM

Now I'd like to ask: Where's the Red Cross? They seem to show up every 10 seconds on TV saying they need money, but how come they were nowhere to see at that convention center?

Again, I repeat: If CNN, MSNBC and FOX News can get reporters into those places, the Red Cross should be able to, too.
      It's because those occupants are black and poor. The Red Cross, state and federal officials don't like to rescue those people. Even Matt Lauer on the Today Show said that race was a big factor. So it must be true.
      "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52+Sep 2 2005, 08:47 AM-->
        QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 2 2005, 08:47 AM)

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Sep 2 2005, 09:53 AM
        Look, I know TV reporters. They're not geniuses.
        ++

Comment

Aren't they taking the rescue workers hostage down there? I'm sure as soon as the RC can arm itself they will show up.

Just wait until a TV crew gets attacked. Then you'll see some action by God.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Sep 2 2005, 08:27 AM

last night on fox news they said that the red cross was handling and coordinating many of the shelters that were successfully holding the people and organizing the volunteer groups that were making and serving the meals and helping to entertain the kids.

they showed a shelter in baton rouge that was packed with people and commented how they have had 3 hot meals per day, and the children had been watching movies in a separate auditorium.

i think the public tends to buy the pandimonium everywhere angle because that is what the tv stations are typically selling. the truth is probably more along the line that about 90% of the people are not involved in the dire straits we continue to hear about. that still is too many, but the truth is that people are being taken care of as well.
            Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic@Sep 2 2005, 10:03 AM
              Aren't they taking the rescue workers hostage down there? I'm sure as soon as the RC can arm itself they will show up.

Just wait until a TV crew gets attacked. Then you'll see some action by God.
              ++

There is no way we should second guess relief workers who don't want to get shot while volunteering to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by billiken_roy+Sep 2 2005, 09:06 AM-->
                QUOTE(billiken_roy @ Sep 2 2005, 09:06 AM)

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan+Sep 2 2005, 08:53 AM-->
                QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Sep 2 2005, 08:53 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 08:47 AM

Originally posted by FAR52+Sep 2 2005, 09:43 AM-->
                QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 2 2005, 09:43 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 08:53 AM
                Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 08:47 AM

Don't worry, the Red Cross will be there to sell the refugees anything they can afford to buy.

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by billiken_roy+Sep 2 2005, 09:06 AM-->
                  QUOTE(billiken_roy @ Sep 2 2005, 09:06 AM)

Originally posted by FAR52+Sep 2 2005, 09:47 AM-->
                  QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 2 2005, 09:47 AM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by billiken_roy+Sep 2 2005, 09:53 AM-->
                  QUOTE(billiken_roy @ Sep 2 2005, 09:53 AM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 09:47 AM
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 09:06 AM
                Working...
                X