It's time to step up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to step up...

I don't care if the next president is Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or none of the above but we can only hope we get better in 2008 than we have had the last 5 years.

I'm pissed that the Dems ran such a poor campaign in 04 and that Dubya hasn't elevated his game now that he doesn't need to worry about re-election. I'm pissed about the war in Iraq, the war on terrorism and the unfinished business from 9/11 (where the hell is Osama?). I'm pissed about no discussion on health care, Social Security reform, the deficit, alternative fuel studies, stem cell research and plenty more.

I'm pissed that we settle for mediocrity in politics, at the Democrats for offering nothing as the minority party and at the Republicans that control Congress and act like it's the 90's with a Democrat in the White House.

I'm pissed that we argue with each other instead of debating alternatives to our problems and moving forward. I'm pissed that the media takes more satisfaction in bashing the leaders of both parties, reporting our deficiencies, encouraging our enemies and highlighting the world's misery than they do in just telling us the news.

I want the President, Congress, the courts and the entire governmental sector to stand up and make us proud again that we live in the most Democratically ambitious political system in the world.

I just want to feel like I did when I was a young boy and being an American seemed like the most right thing to be in the world.
    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

You're not supposed to question the president.

Not this one anyway
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd@Sep 1 2005, 07:31 PM

Not this one anyway
      Well, I'm pissed.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan@Sep 1 2005, 08:30 PM
        I don't care if the next president is Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or none of the above but we can only hope we get better in 2008 than we have had the last 5 years.

I'm pissed that the Dems ran such a poor campaign in 04 and that Dubya hasn't elevated his game now that he doesn't need to worry about re-election. I'm pissed about the war in Iraq, the war on terrorism and the unfinished business from 9/11 (where the hell is Osama?). I'm pissed about no discussion on health care, Social Security reform, the deficit, alternative fuel studies, stem cell research and plenty more.

I'm pissed that we settle for mediocrity in politics, at the Democrats for offering nothing as the minority party and at the Republicans that control Congress and act like it's the 90's with a Democrat in the White House.

I'm pissed that we argue with each other instead of debating alternatives to our problems and moving forward. I'm pissed that the media takes more satisfaction in bashing the leaders of both parties, reporting our deficiencies, encouraging our enemies and highlighting the world's misery than they do in just telling us the news.

I want the President, Congress, the courts and the entire governmental sector to stand up and make us proud again that we live in the most Democratically ambitious political system in the world.

I just want to feel like I did when I was a young boy and being an American seemed like the most right thing to be in the world.
        Good post, and I agree 100%

Especially the bolded part.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd@Sep 1 2005, 08:31 PM

Not this one anyway
          He's right....

Now, watch this drive...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I have no comment on this, other than Bush is an idiot.

Comment

I hope there is never an issue with the New Madrid Fault.

This week's events will pale in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan@Sep 1 2005, 08:30 PM

++

Very nice, hky...

Excellent summary...
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

hkyfan,

I generally try to avoid political discussions on forums such as these
                  because they almost always escalate into name calling. Folks can't just
                  disagree on politics the same way they can on sports. It's much too
                  serious for some people. But your post is sheer poetry. I'm going to
                  copy it and forward it to every member of my family. Thanks for
                  "keeping it real"

Comment

I agree 100 percent. Somewhere along the line we stopped beinng Americans and started being conservatives and libs and blah fucking blah. Enemies of each other.

I am so fucking sick of being someone's enemy.

Comment

As erudite as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Sep 1 2005, 07:35 PM
                        Easy for you to say since you don't live here anymore.

Now that I'm over 50 with a wife and three (almost) grown children it's a hell of a time to find out beautiful Oriental women set their standards so low.

Comment

Originally posted by JMolina@Sep 1 2005, 07:37 PM
                          hkyfan,

I generally try to avoid political dicussions on forums such as these
                          because they almost always escalate into name calling. Folks can't just
                          disagree on politics the same way they can on sports. It's much too
                          serious for some people. But your post is sheer poetry. I'm going to
                          copy it and forward it my every member of my family. Thanks for
                          "keeping it real"
                          Thanks. I refrained from political posts for some time myself when I read my posts and realized how mean spirited some of my comments had become. I'm really not that passionate any longer about politics though I am about causes and philosophy. Sometimes I think people take what I post more seriously than it is meant. That's the trouble with message boards..you can't see if someone is smiling or frowning.

Comment

well said.
                            The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
                            A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Sep 1 2005, 07:37 PM
                              As erudite as ever.
                              Fuck you very much, Seppo.

Comment

Working...
                              X