Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glovey
    replied
    Arizona is just leveling the Utah position players...big hit after big hit.

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    Should be 4th down for Utah, but Arizona DB hit a Utah wide receiver helmet-to-helmet.

Whoever this Utah QB is, he ceraintly isn't Alex Smith.

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    Ruling overturned, Utah gets the ball back.

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    That looked like his arm was going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    GHEY!

ESPN is using the same intro from last night for tonight's Utes/Wildcats game.

Leave a comment:

• Fishbone
    replied
    Go Hoosiers!

By the way Dev, I think this is the year that Texas finally beats OU. You can make a case that OU has had the superior QB in every Red River Shootout since the start of their domination. I was a Vince Young skeptic until the Rose Bowl last year, and he's clearly better than either Romar or Thompson this year for OU and I think he'll make the difference in the game this year.

Texas' edge in talent and experience this year will finally be enough to overcome the advantage OU has with Stoops.

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    I'm starting to regret picking Georgia in this weekend's CFB pick 'em.

Leave a comment:

• CD
    replied
    Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan@Sep 2 2005, 01:57 PM
    Who will do worse than expected?  Isn't it about time for OU to stub its toes a bit?  Georgia?
    I think Oklahoma will be worse in that they won't be playing for the national title. But the Big 12 really isn't very good right now. The North is weak from top to bottom, the South has the Sooners, Horns and A&M. They get A&M at home this year and you'll forgive me if I don't have much faith in the Horns when they play Oklahoma. I think Oklahoma wins nine or 10 games and goes to whatever bowl the Big 12 champ is supposed to go to (Fiesta?)--meaning, they'll actually be better than most people think because most people seem to be handing the Big 12 to Texas.

The team that I think is the most overhyped (other than Texas, who I'll get to in a minute) is Tennessee. I've seen tons of people that have them winning the SEC and many of those penciling them in for a trip to Pasadena--the Sporting News has them playing SC in the Rose Bowl. Well, I think it's extremely possible and maybe even likely that they'll have two losses...by the end of September. After playing UAB this weekend, they have what I have to believe is the most daunting two-game road swing any team in the nation will have this season: at Florida on the 17th, at LSU on the 24th. I'd be shocked if they survived that still undefeated and after that they still have Georgia (at home though) and at Alabama, who is supposed to be pretty good assuming Croyle doesn't break a nail again this season. I think they'll be 1-2 heading into October since I think LSU is the best team in the nation and I think the Vols should've lost to Florida last year.

As for Texas, they're preseason No. 2, people are saying this is the year they finally beat Oklahoma, people are claiming that Vince Young is the biggest Heisman threat to the SC duo. I think all of that comes crashing down next Saturday at The Shoe when they lose something like 21-10, when Vince Young reminds the whole nation that he can't throw the ball straight or read coverage, when I'm sitting in my Detroit hotel room watching and accurately predicting 95% of the plays just by looking at the formation because their offensive coaching and play-calling has absolutely no imagination to it. Then, just as they're starting to build up their momentum again by blowing out Rice and handily winning at Mizzou, they'll fall in Dallas to Oklahoma is some embarrassing fashion. Maybe not 63-14 like in 2000, 65-13 like in 2003 or 12-0 like last year, but something bad.

So Texas and Tennessee get my votes as the most overhyped teams in the country.

Leave a comment:

• Glovey
    replied
    Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan+Sep 2 2005, 03:57 PM-->
    QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Sep 2 2005, 03:57 PM)

• tallahassee blues fan
    replied
    Originally posted by devaskar@Sep 2 2005, 02:54 PM
    I think Penn State and Nebraska will both be better than expected. And I think the team that will screw up the season for the computers is Louisville, who I think will run the table and get left out of the Rose Bowl.
    Assuming there are other table runners (or even one loss teams from major conferences), I won't have problems with Louisville being left out.

Who will do worse than expected? Isn't it about time for OU to stub its toes a bit? Georgia?

Leave a comment:

• CD
    replied
    I think Penn State and Nebraska will both be better than expected. And I think the team that will screw up the season for the computers is Louisville, who I think will run the table and get left out of the Rose Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• tallahassee blues fan
    replied
    Can Baton Rouge handle the crowd? You've got far more overnighting out of towners coming in for the Sugar Bowl than you'd have for your average LSU game.

I like Purdue too.

Does anybody have a prediction for a team that no one thinks is going to be that good this year that will confound the experts? Somebody like a Penn State, or a Colorado, etc.

Leave a comment:

• CD
    replied
    Baton Rouge would be a cool place for a bowl game. That place is really fun to watch a game. And if LSU were in the Sugar Bowl and it was played in Baton Rouge, all hell would break loose.

Still, can they really play such a big bowl game in a place like Baton Rouge? Maybe for a year or two but not for a long period of time.

Also, on the Big 10, I should add that the one team that I could see getting through undefeated is Purdue, as they return something like 20 starters, avoid Michigan and Ohio State, and get Iowa at home. But the Boilers always seem to lose at least one or two games they shouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• tallahassee blues fan
    replied
    Let's hope you're proven wrong by Labor Day Dev.

Pete Fiutak says that the Sugar Bowl will likely be played in San Antonio or Baton Rouge. In that he says that NO might not be environmentally clean enough to play the game for at least ten years, they are going to have to make a long term selection on this.

http://www.cfbnews.com/2005/Ask_CFN/Ask_CFN.htm

Leave a comment:

• CD
    replied
    Originally posted by Nasty Nate+Sep 2 2005, 01:21 PM-->
    QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Sep 2 2005, 01:21 PM)
    Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 02:19 PM
Working...
X