An open discussion on looting - NO and 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open discussion on looting - NO and 9/11

Looting was not reported during 9/11 but rest assured it went on.

When the police and the fire department got to the point of fighting weeks after the bomb had went off for the right to go through the rubble - that was your first clue.

As brave and bold as our boys and blue and our firemen are there are some who are opportunistic and extremely knowledgeable of the law.

For example:
    If everything is destroyed - it is a total loss that the insurance companies will pay for.

Time and time again we see reports of no police to be found in NO -

It just makes me wonder.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

There's gotta be a looting thread somewhere around here

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Sep 1 2005, 06:23 PM
      There's gotta be a looting thread somewhere around here

Sorry - lock me up -

This is not one of my best anyway -

People are dying and I saying police may be stealing. I retract it for another day.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala+Sep 1 2005, 06:27 PM-->
        QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Sep 1 2005, 06:27 PM)

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Sep 1 2005, 07:27 PM
        People are dying and I saying police may be stealing. I retract it for another day.
        What makes you think the police have it any better then the rest of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Sep 1 2005, 04:21 PM
          Looting was not reported during 9/11 but rest assured it went on.

When the police and the fire department got to the point of fighting weeks after the bomb had went off for the right to go through the rubble - that was your first clue.

As brave and bold as our boys and blue and our firemen are there are some who are opportunistic and extremely knowledgeable of the law.

For example:
          If everything is destroyed - it is a total loss that the insurance companies will pay for.

Time and time again we see reports of no police to be found in NO -

It just makes me wonder.

what bomb?
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Many people in New Orleans come from shit anyway, a hurricane and a flood does little to effect their already horrible quality of life. Thats why you see looting, thats why you see people stealing TVs, Playstations and missing the big picture...it's because they never got a chance to see the big picture to begin with.

The focus on the looting is pointless, there will always be people in life who exploit these kind of situations, no matter what the disaster, there will always be people whose everyday life was just as pathetic and unfortunate as it is before the disaster hit.

Many of you will never be able to understand people like this, and I'm not saying I understand them, but I am saying I know why they exist. As far as whether or not it can actually be used as an excuse, thats a different debate that I don't really care to get in to.
            You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Originally posted by 210+Sep 1 2005, 06:31 PM-->
              QUOTE(210 @ Sep 1 2005, 06:31 PM)

Bingo, Nate.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

good stuff nate.

It also happens when a society learns to rely on someone else to do the heavy lifting for them. hopelessness.

Its not just the poor that are exploiting this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Sep 1 2005, 06:44 PM-->
                  QUOTE(lazydaze @ Sep 1 2005, 06:44 PM)

Wait a sec... are you insinuating the police are looting, or that the police are simply letting them loot?

I don't really understand what you're saying.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty Nate@Sep 1 2005, 06:51 PM
                    Many people in New Orleans come from shit anyway, a hurricane and a flood does little to effect their already horrible quality of life. Thats why you see looting, thats why you see people stealing TVs, Playstations and missing the big picture...it's because they never got a chance to see the big picture to begin with.

The focus on the looting is pointless, there will always be people in life who exploit these kind of situations, no matter what the disaster, there will always be people whose everyday life was just as pathetic and unfortunate as it is before the disaster hit.

Many of you will never be able to understand people like this, and I'm not saying I understand them, but I am saying I know why they exist. As far as whether or not it can actually be used as an excuse, thats a different debate that I don't really care to get in to.
                    True

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Sep 1 2005, 04:54 PM
                      Wait a sec... are you insinuating the police are looting, or that the police are simply letting them loot?

I don't really understand what you're saying.

Didn't they catch police on video looting?

Comment

Nate nailed it...

And yes: some police are allowing it and doing it (just ask Martin Savidge, MSNBC, who caught it on film and confronted them)...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                        X