September callups-- what's the word?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September callups-- what's the word?

Sorry for polluting the Katrina Forum with baseball talk, but has anybody heard anything with respect to September callups?

Google didn't help and I don't have access to a smart person.

I'd imagine Reyes and Johnson are getting the call, just wondering if anybody in STL has heard anything on the radio/TV about this.

Kthx.

Originally posted by Fishbone@Sep 1 2005, 05:33 PM
    Sorry for polluting the Katrina Forum with baseball talk, but has anybody heard anything with respect to September callups?

Google didn't help and I don't have access to a smart person.

I'd imagine Reyes and Johnson are getting the call, just wondering if anybody in STL has heard anything on the radio/TV about this.

Kthx.
    Nothing is on the transaction wire as of yet....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Didn't they say somewhere that they probably wouldn't call people up until after Memphis' season was over?

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Sep 1 2005, 04:42 PM
        Didn't they say somewhere that they probably wouldn't call people up until after Memphis' season was over?
        I hope they wait until after Memphis' season is over. I was hoping to see Reyes this weekend.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

This thread is inappropriate in light of what's happening in NO.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Sep 1 2005, 05:56 PM
            This thread is inappropriate in light of what's happening in NO.

It is inappropriate to use NO to avoid facing up to whether Rick Ankiel should and will be called up.
            v

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe+Sep 1 2005, 06:02 PM-->
              QUOTE(kjoe @ Sep 1 2005, 06:02 PM)

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Sep 1 2005, 06:03 PM-->
              QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 1 2005, 06:03 PM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2005, 06:02 PM

Reyes, Johnson, Flores, and at least 2 utility guys will be up on Tuesday
              Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
              Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
              There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
              "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
              "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Bo Hart? PLEASE, GOD, NO!

Comment

Perhaps John Gall will continue that march to immortality.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Sep 1 2005, 10:53 PM
                    Perhaps John Gall will continue that march to immortality.
                    If the 'utility' guys are not Hart & Gall, God help us. From what I saw down there a couple of weeks ago, other than the pitching, there's not much of anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X