4. Philly 211
    5. Florida 210

Runs scored in August, NL

1. St. Louis 145
    2. Atlanta 141
    3. Pittsburgh 140
    4. NYM 139
    5. Cincy 138

In summation, Albert Pujols is really good at baseball.

It's been almost TOO easy.

I fear we're being set up for a sweep in the NLDS.

US swept.

Comment

Fact is, Taguchi, J-Rod, Nunez, Mabry, et al, have been way way better than could reasonably be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Sep 1 2005, 11:34 AM
        Fact is, Taguchi, J-Rod, Nunez, Mabry, et al, have been way way better than could reasonably be expected.
        Damn right...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I'm starting to believe in greater things than I did last year. I mean, I thought great thoughts last year, but there's thing in my head saying that it's okay for me to believe we will do it this year. All of it.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I feel better about this post season than I did last year. This year our pitching has been rock solid all year, last year our offense carried us. As we can attest from last year, in October, good pitching usually beats good hitting. Not to mention, we have a better idea of how our bench players will respond. It sucks without Rolen in there, but Nunez has been playing better than him all year.
            I got nothin....
            I made a website, STLsportspulse.com. Yippeee!

Comment

I forsee So having a huge playoffs.
              Time for change

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Sep 1 2005, 11:34 AM
                Mabry's basically doing what he did last year. The rest of them, sure. Although Rodriguez was really tearing the cover off the ball in Memphis...it's just that he'd never done that anywhere else until this year.

Comment

I fear lots of egg laying in the NLDS.

My money is on the others.
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Neither is much of the lineup. No regular hits over .300, only one leadoff hitter in the league (the Mets' Jose Reyes) has a worse on-base percentage than shortstop Jimmy Rollins' .305, and David Bell is the NL's worst-hitting regular third baseman with a .639 OPS.

Comment

And Rollins just got a crapload of money.

Comment

It's amazing what the Cards bench has done in the 2nd half.

Taguchi has far exceeded even my wildest expectations of him and who even heard of John Rodriquez before June when Walt got him in that minor league deal?

However, for the playoffs I'm hoping Edmonds can get hot and Walker and Sanders are effective.

I think we are going to need them.

How about Eckstein and Grudzilanek too?

Those guys have been great. They also have exceeded my expectations. Grudz is much better defensively than I thought too.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

When will everyone realise THE GOOCH!!!!!1111 is our new secret weapon. He plays a great D and his batting has really picked up this year. Everyone is clamoring for trading Marquis next year and getting a stud OF..I ask why?

I'd be OK with Reggie, Hollywood and THE GOOCH!!!!!! as the starting OF with Mabry, Luna, J-whateverthehell backing him up. Sure, that is an ageing OF, but still one that is pretty potent.

And..what is different than last year. All of our "bench" guys have seen a lot more AB's than last year..The Gooch!!!11 has seen 200+, Nunez same, while Mabes is close and Luna/J have seen quite a few themselves. Not the case last year.

And let's not forget..the biggest blow last post-season was Carp not being in the rotation and Morris having a frayed shoulder. This season..Carp is nails, Morris is solid and we have Mulder. Also, I like Marquis out of the pen in the play-offs. I have a feeling he'll keep the ball down..and things will go well for the Cards in October.

Comment

Eckstein led the team in RBI in August with 21.
                            Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Sep 1 2005, 07:46 PM
                              Eckstein led the team in RBI in August with 21.
                              He's been hot..for sure.

What I've been perplexed about is..

Jimmy E. has yet to go one on of his patented "month-long tears" this season. He's been hot a few weeks..then cold. But, not a sustained hot streak. I am hoping against hope that he starts heating up in end September right thru October. We are gonna need his bat...in fact, you could argue that our October dreams will be realised on how well Edmonds swings the bat.

Comment

Working...
                              X