The mood in Zookville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mood in Zookville?

I guess we don't have a ton of Illinois fans that post here.

I was curious if the opener Saturday vs. Rutgers is considered a "gimme" for Illinois or are fans thinking this year will be a work in progress? eg, will it be a complete disaster if Illinois loses on Saturday at home or tolerable given that you can't rebuild Rome in a day?
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Sep 1 2005, 09:34 AM
    I guess we don't have a ton of Illinois fans that post here.

I was curious if the opener Saturday vs. Rutgers is considered a "gimme" for Illinois or are fans thinking this year will be a work in progress? eg, will it be a complete disaster if Illinois loses on Saturday at home or tolerable given that you can't rebuild Rome in a day?
    Actually, everything I've read and heard tells me that Rutgers is a pretty good football team. They have a bunch of starters returning, so they will be a very good team.

I think Illinois will be lucky to win 3 or 4 games this season. The defense is extremely young (2 or possibly 3 freshmen starters) and that usually translates to losses. I'm excited about the future of Illinois football, but this year will definitely be a work in progress.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

The line on that game is, what, one or two points?

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Sep 1 2005, 10:33 AM
        The line on that game is, what, one or two points?
        Illinois is favored by two points.

And I don't know if Rutgers returning all their starters is actually a good thing for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone+Sep 1 2005, 10:37 AM-->
          QUOTE(Fishbone @ Sep 1 2005, 10:37 AM)

5 wins this year will be a great success with the defense Turner left Zook.

I expect 4.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
          -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Thx guys ...

Yeah, Rutgers sounds like they could be OK.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Where is Glovey?

I want to see him and Dvyyy get into it again!
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Here he is. Dude, when is the baby due?

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

They will win 3 games if they are lucky.

I bet their punter scores more than Glovey.

Man that pic is sick.
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Good lord. I need to label this thread NSFW.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

You guys are so mean to that kid :o
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Sep 1 2005, 12:20 PM
                        You guys are so mean to that kid :o
                        Yes, we do give the lad a hard time, but c'mon man, you deserve abuse if you post pictures like that of yourself on the interwebs and go by the nickname Squirrel. He brings most of it on himself. I think he likes the attention.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

5 wins would be a successful season for the Illini...
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski+Sep 1 2005, 01:27 PM-->
                            QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Sep 1 2005, 01:27 PM)
                          Working...
                          X