No announcement yet.

Braves sign Marrero to contract extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they can teach him how to play baseball.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Feb 23 2004, 02:45 PM
      Maybe they can teach him how to play baseball.
      What?

I loved him as a player!

Comment

grote,

He was as fundamentally unsound as any Cardinal I've watched.

Tremendous athletic ability to cover all the physical (and mental) mistakes he'd make.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

I was glad to see him "thrown in" the deal with Drew.

I really liked JD, but the more I think about it, the better this deal looks -- no matter WHAT (if anything) we get out of Marquis, Wainright, or King.

It will still be tough to see JD in that Braves uniform though.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

The one thing that concerns me is that the Braves have developed more pitching prospects than anyone, Smoltz, Glavine, Millwood, to name the main ones, so why would they deal Wainright unless they knew something. Somebody listed out all the pitchers that the Braves traded, and their career value, or lack thereof, after they left Atlanta was outstanding. With that said, Marquis needed a change of scenery and I think Duncan can make something out of him.

Comment

They dealt Jason Schmidt

Comment

While I agree with JD that Marrero had bad fundamentals, there is no denying the raw talent that he had. Anyone that can play 5 different positions, hit with some pop, and run that fast can ALWAYS be used on a 25 man roster.
                *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Thats right. Thanks for reminding me JD.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Feb 23 2004, 02:54 PM
                    It will still be tough to see JD in that Braves uniform though.
                    Guys on the DL usually have the uni on.

Comment

MArrero's career OBP is a Kerry Robinson-esque 295. Doesn't deserve to be a starter, though is useful as a late inning defensive sub or pinch hitter. He is already 30 years old too, so it is likely that he isn't going to improve.

Comment

I wonder if he hits a home run in the playoffs to win a game, but fails to talk to the press, will Cox go on the radio and crucify him for it the next day? Of course, the Braves might not make the playoffs.
                        v

Comment

Marrero was/is a product of Shannonesque hype.

Comment

EliMan.
                            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                            X