I thought this meant he was going....

SHWEW!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Sheen
    started a topic Harry Potter on OLN

Harry Potter on OLN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...john&id=2145917

Third period -- OLN

Most of the e-mails I received since last week have concerned the NHL moving to the Outdoor Life Network. What does it mean for the NHL, NHL 2Night and Barry Melrose?

First, there will be no NHL 2Night on ESPN2 this season.

Barry Melrose? He told the New York Post he would like to move on to OLN. Darren Pang has signed with the Coyotes, Brian Engblom with the Blue Jackets and Dave Strader with the Panthers. Bill Clement will find a home somewhere, whether it's in the studio or at the games. Ray Ferraro will call Oilers games … and sell 2006 Ken the Otter calendars door to door.

OLN hasn't announced any play-by-play teams or studio hosts, but with the season just five weeks away, I'm sure we'll be hearing news about the OLN hockey roster soon. Published reports have Mike Emerick and John Davidson as the top broadcast team.

I haven't seen whether there will be an NHL 2Night-type show on OLN, but I'm sure there will be at least some studio presence on game nights. Again, all of this will come out soon.

Is OLN a good move for the NHL? The bad news is that at least 25 million households won't get a chance to see Sidney Crosby begin his NHL career. That's a negative. ESPN2 is in about 25 million more homes than OLN. But Comcast is a broadcast powerhouse that will grow the number of homes it reaches by using its financial clout. Personally, I'm devastated by the news. Hockey is what gets my heart going more than any other sport, and I will miss covering it on ESPN. But the column will remain. And as I've said before, this is my favorite thing I do at ESPN.
Working...
X