Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad sign: Dr. Z agrees with me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bad sign: Dr. Z agrees with me

    My preseason pick to win the Super Bowl is Carolina and Dr. Z is agreeing with me. His preseason pick to win the AFC is Indy and I completely disagree there.

    He has the Rams winning the NFC West at 9-7 and losing on wild card weekend and Panthers over Eagles, Colts over Patriots in the conference title games.

    For the rest: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...5/scout.report/

  • #2
    I can see that happening with the Rams, as in going 9-7.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

    Comment


    • #3
      I too like the Panthers. They always have good defenses and Delhomme is vastly underrated.
      My only concern is the possible good health of Stephen Davis. If what I read is true, then he will be splitting time with Deshaun Foster at running back. How can this happen? Davis is a broken down 33 year old player. Foster is an absolute stud. Anyone else wonder if this is really going to happen?
      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

      Comment


      • #4
        I've read they're not counting on anything out of Davis this season and anything they get will be a bonus.

        I like Delhomme because he's a QB that seems to have a knack for making the big play in close games. As for Carolina, I became a big believer in them last season after they went 1-7 when all their players got hurt, then with a ton of backups forced into action, rallied to get to 7-9. Those backups have a ton of experience now and most of those starters that were hurt, like Davis or Foster, Steve Smith and Kris Jenkins, are back now.

        Comment


        • #5
          I will guarantee right now the Panthers don't come close to winning the Super Bowl

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Sep 1 2005, 12:27 AM
            I will guarantee right now the Panthers don't come close to winning the Super Bowl
            them and 29 other teams
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

            Comment


            • #7
              Dev,

              I do think the reason you think the Colts haven't a chance is out of habit.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Aug 31 2005, 10:32 PM
                Dev,

                I do think the reason you think the Colts haven't a chance is out of habit.
                No, it's because I think their defense is soft against the run (even with the Corey Simon signing) and because Peyton Manning rolls over like a dog whenever his team falls behind in a meaningful game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I will wait until the first game of the season. Last year I said the Eagles will meet the Pats and the Pats will win.

                  I am horrible at knowing football ins and such especially if I am a fan of a team, but I will tell you that I don't believe you when you talk about the colts and the pats. I think when the colts do beat the pats one day that you will explain what happened to cause the wrongness (without having picked it to happen first, injuries known and all). And if it's this year, I will be relentless with everyone patriot related.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My thing with the Colts has nothing to do with the Patriots, specifically. I don't think Indy's defense can stop anyone with a power running game. For example, I think had they beat New England and played Pittsburgh last season, the Steelers would've run for about 300 yards on them.

                    As for Manning, I used to be a staunch defender of his. When I went to Boston last December and met Lippa, I defended him, telling him how he had no defense to help him out, telling Lippa he was too hard on him. Then he completely rolled over in the playoff game against New England. I don't think I've ever seen such a pitiful effort in a big game, especially since they had spent the whole year talking about how everything was geared for New England and even whined to the league about defensive holding to, supposedly, make it easier for them. My issue with Manning isn't that he hasn't won a Super Bowl or an AFC title. It's that when things go bad around him, he self-destructs and does nothing. And it's happened to him against the Titans, Jets, Dolphins and Patriots in the playoffs--it's not just a New England thing.

                    I gained a lot of respect for Marino during the Colts latest playoff meltdown. At least when the Dolphins sucked around Marino, he continued to battle until the end and show fire and determination. Manning puts his arms up in the air and shakes his head and quietly retreats to the sidelines after yet another three-and-out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by devaskar@Sep 1 2005, 01:54 AM
                      My thing with the Colts has nothing to do with the Patriots, specifically. I don't think Indy's defense can stop anyone with a power running game. For example, I think had they beat New England and played Pittsburgh last season, the Steelers would've run for about 300 yards on them.

                      As for Manning, I used to be a staunch defender of his. When I went to Boston last December and met Lippa, I defended him, telling him how he had no defense to help him out, telling Lippa he was too hard on him. Then he completely rolled over in the playoff game against New England. I don't think I've ever seen such a pitiful effort in a big game, especially since they had spent the whole year talking about how everything was geared for New England and even whined to the league about defensive holding to, supposedly, make it easier for them. My issue with Manning isn't that he hasn't won a Super Bowl or an AFC title. It's that when things go bad around him, he self-destructs and does nothing. And it's happened to him against the Titans, Jets, Dolphins and Patriots in the playoffs--it's not just a New England thing.

                      I gained a lot of respect for Marino during the Colts latest playoff meltdown. At least when the Dolphins sucked around Marino, he continued to battle until the end and show fire and determination. Manning puts his arms up in the air and shakes his head and quietly retreats to the sidelines after yet another three-and-out.
                      He did the same sh!t when he was at Tennessee.

                      That's why he couldn't beat Florida.

                      Florida = New England.

                      han solo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hansolo+Sep 1 2005, 08:49 AM-->
                        QUOTE(hansolo @ Sep 1 2005, 08:49 AM)

                      • #13
                        he's gotten okay in big games til he meets new england. I define big game as any game he needs. He's done well in those playoff games up to the part where he has to face NE in NE.

                        but like the mvp in baseball, that "big game" term gets redefined. I believe I will continue to hope he can get the ne thing behind him and I will continue to roll my eyes at the various definitions you all come up with.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Dr. Z is a joke. The Bears as the worst team in the league? Not hardly.

                          Granted, I don't think they're top 10 - or possibly even 20 - material, but their defense is too good to be the worst in the league.
                          Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Sep 1 2005, 09:44 AM
                            he's gotten okay in big games til he meets new england. I define big game as any game he needs. He's done well in those playoff games up to the part where he has to face NE in NE.

                            but like the mvp in baseball, that "big game" term gets redefined. I believe I will continue to hope he can get the ne thing behind him and I will continue to roll my eyes at the various definitions you all come up with.
                            His only good playoff games have come against Denver and KC, 2 teams with bad defenses who couldn't generate a pass rush or cover receivers. They weren't tough conditions to play in. The expectations have never been redefined. He's never risen to a tough ocassion. Ever.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X