• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeach Bush?

Man this is right on.

A national emergency
    by Patrick J. Buchanan
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: August 29, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 Creators Syndicate Inc.

On Aug. 12, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson declared a state of emergency "due to a chaotic situation involving illegal alien smuggling and illegal drug shipments" on his southern border. Three days later, Gov. Janet Napolitano followed suit in Arizona.

Reason: the crisis on the border. The ally-ally-in-free immigration policy of George Bush and Vicente Fox, beloved of corporate America, has created a hell on our southern border.

Those Southwestern states are being inundated by illegal aliens trashing ranches, killing cattle, committing crimes and eating up tax dollars. The traffic in narcotics and human beings from Mexico is a national scandal and a human-rights disgrace.

What is true of New Mexico and Arizona is true of our nation, which is now home to an estimated 10 million to 15 million aliens who have broken our laws and broken into our country. It is a mark of the cowardice of our leaders that they are so terrified of being called "bigots" they tolerate this criminality. The moral rot of political correctness runs deep today in both national parties.

A president like Teddy Roosevelt would have led the Army to the border years ago. And if Fox did not cooperate, T.R. would have gone on to Mexico City. Nor would Ike, who deported all illegal aliens in 1953, have stood still for this being done to the country he had defended in war.
    What are these Bush Republicans afraid of? Dirty looks from the help at the country club?

The question of whether America is going to remain one nation, or whether our Southwest will wind up as a giant Kosovo – separated by language and loyalty from the rest of America – is on the table.

Where is Bush? All wrapped up in the issue of whether women in Najaf will have the same rights in divorce and custody cases as women in Nebraska. His legislative agenda for the fall includes a blanket amnesty for illegals, so they can be exploited by businesses who want to hold wages down as they dump the social costs for their employees – health care, schools, courts, cops, prisons – onto taxpayers.

Not only have Richardson and Napolitano awakened – they are on the front lines – so, too, has Hillary Clinton, who has spoken out against illegal immigration with a forthrightness that makes Bush sound like a talking head for La Raza.

Why is a Republican Congress permitting this president to persist in the dereliction of his sworn duty?

George Bush is chief executive of the United States. It is his duty to enforce the laws. Can anyone fairly say he is enforcing the immigration laws? Those laws are clear. People who break in are to be sent back. Yet, more than 10 million have broken in with impunity. Another million attempt to break in every year. Half a million succeed. Border security is homeland security. How, then, can the Department of Homeland Security say America is secure?

Who can guarantee that, of the untold millions of illegals here, and the scores of thousands ordered deported for crimes who have disappeared into our midst, none is a terrorist waiting for orders to blow up a subway or mall and massacre American citizens?

Most of these illegals come to work to send money back to their families. They are not bad people. But because they are predominantly young and male, they commit a disproportionate share of violent crimes.

Why should U.S. citizens be assaulted, robbed, raped and murdered, and have their children molested, because their government will not enforce its own laws?

Is this not an indictment of democracy itself? What dictatorial regime would put up with this?

The Republican Party claims to be a conservative party. But what kind of conservative is it who, to cut a few costs or make a few bucks, will turn his family's home into a neighborhood flop house?
    In a recent poll, 40 percent of Mexicans – 40 million people – said they would like to come to the United States, and 20 percent expressed a willingness to break in. Time to cut the babble about how NAFTA is going to solve the problem. This is a national emergency.

Twice, George Bush has taken an oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." Article IV, Section 4 of that Constitution reads, "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion."

Well, we are being invaded, and the president of the United States is not doing his duty to protect the states against that invasion. Some courageous Republican, to get the attention of this White House, should drop into the hopper a bill of impeachment, charging George W. Bush with a conscious refusal to uphold his oath and defend the states of the Union against "invasion."

It may be the only way left to get his attention, before the border vanishes and our beloved country dissolves into MexAmerica, what T.R. called a "polyglot boarding house for the world."
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

yeah, more hostile police action
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Aug 30 2005, 10:25 AM
      yeah, more hostile police action
      You sure like to respond in a way that doesn't really state your opinion.
      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Hey, as long as they aren't wearing towels around their heads, it's A O K!

Comment

He's right. It's a disgrace.

Bush might well be the worst president ever. Impeachment won't happen though as much as I would like that.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom+Aug 30 2005, 09:30 AM-->
            QUOTE(phantom @ Aug 30 2005, 09:30 AM)

you know it's bad when republicans are calling for impeachment of a republican.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Patrick J. Buchanan isn't really a Republican.
              Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan@Aug 30 2005, 10:40 AM
                Patrick J. Buchanan isn't really a Republican.
                He crazy.

Moon

Comment

My wife is an illegal alien, who stayed in this country after her visa expired due to very, very bad advice from an unethical countryman who offered to handle her application.

We are going to apply for a green card for her soon. I put on a brave face for her, but I am deathly afraid she's going to get deported. She works hard and has done nothing to cost the United States Government or any citizen.

I could list several things that George W. Bush deserves impeachement for, but not calling out the Army to keep Mexicans from mowing our lawns and cleaning our dishes isn't one of them. Especially since no other president has done it, either, and because we have little things like terrorists to worry about instead.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Aug 30 2005, 11:49 AM
                    My wife is an illegal alien, who stayed in this country after her visa expired due to very, very bad advice from an unethical countryman who offered to handle her application.

We are going to apply for a green card for her soon. I put on a brave face for her, but I am deathly afraid she's going to get deported. She works hard and has done nothing to cost the United States Government or any citizen.

I could list several things that George W. Bush deserves impeachement for, but not calling out the Army to keep Mexicans from mowing our lawns and cleaning our dishes isn't one of them. Especially since no other president has done it, either, and because we have little things like terrorists to worry about instead.
                    While I think this is not an issue to impeach the President over, I'd like you to remember how the 9/11 hijackers were not caught by INS.

Yes, it was barely on Bush's watch, but I would think the reason the hijackers were in the country would make the President focus on tightening up border security and illegal immigrants having a grand ole time in the country rather than opening the door and closing his eyes while they steal, rampage, and destroy his house.

Comment

The law is the law.

They should enforce it.

Sure, some illegal aliens are fine, upstanding people while others are not. All of them need to follow the rules or be deported.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Aug 30 2005, 09:52 AM
                        While I think this is not an issue to impeach the President over, I'd like you to remember how the 9/11 hijackers were not caught by INS.

Yes, it was barely on Bush's watch, but I would think the reason the hijackers were in the country would make the President focus on tightening up border security and illegal immigrants having a grand ole time in the country rather than opening the door and closing his eyes while they steal, rampage, and destroy his house.

True. And I don't know what the answer is. But massing the military and treating the millions of illegals who are only looking for a job like they're an invading army isn't it.
                        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Aug 30 2005, 11:56 AM
                          The law is the law.

They should enforce it.

Sure, some illegal aliens are fine, upstanding people while others are not. All of them need to follow the rules or be deported.
                          What gets @ me is some of these people get aid over naturalized citizens...

kah: why do you think she's going to get deported?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by kah+Aug 30 2005, 11:59 AM-->
                            QUOTE(kah @ Aug 30 2005, 11:59 AM)
                          Working...
                          X