A Hurricane is Heading Your Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hurricane is Heading Your Way

After the hurricane hit land and wreaked its havoc on the Gulf Coast, the surviving residents are left to deal with the devastation that remains. Some residents evacuated, some stayed behind. Some were able to remain safely in their homes while others have had to be rescued. Those who sought shelter in the NO Superdome are told they cannot leave. Those who evacuated have been told that they cannot return to their homes in most areas.

What would you have done? Would have evacuated the area? Sought shelter in a desiganted protected area? Or would you have remained in your home and hoped for the best?

For me, this is a hard question to answer, unless of course I knew my home was facing a 100% chance of destruction. It would be hard to leave the perceived safety of my home and take my chances elsewhere not knowing what I would return home to find, if and when I was allowed to return home. The thought of being "trapped" inside a shelter and told I cannot leave is almost unbearable as I am somewhat claustrophobic. And to me, the living conditions inside the Dome right now sound much less appealing than those on the outside. Many of those who remained in their homes where there was little damage are already able to begin the clean-up process for themselves.

With the exception of those living right on the coast who were guaranteed to get blown away, I can't say that I necessarily blame some people for staying in their homes.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

I'd get the hell out of Dodge.
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I'd walk my dog.
      To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

I'd start a poll on the Lounge...see what the majority didn't say, and go that route!
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I hear Alaska is nice this time of year.

Comment

We used to ride out the smaller ones. Never had any of the big ones come close to us.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

In New Orleans, you get the hell out. In a place that's not likely to turn into a goldfish bowl, I'd hunker down and get a good buzz.
              Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

If I was single and without kids, I would probably ride it out on Bourbon Street just so I could have an interesting story to tell. I might even have been one of the surfers who had to be rescued.

But considering I have a family, I would have evacuated.

Comment

Its none of your fucking business!

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Aug 30 2005, 08:32 AM
                    Its none of your fucking business!

Moon

Winnar.
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Aug 30 2005, 11:21 AM
                      I'd hunker down and get a good buzz.

But I'd do that anyway...
                      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF+Aug 30 2005, 11:33 AM-->
                        QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Aug 30 2005, 11:33 AM)

In the first place I would never live in an area like that but in the case that I did, I would leave and never come back. I never have understood the chances those people take by living in a hurricane possible area. You can lose everything you own, not to mention the lives of family. Dumb.
                        RIP Stan the Man
                        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                        I miss TLR!

Comment

I'd board up and leave. Of course I'd be taking all valuables and paperwork with me, you never know what you will return to.

Comment

I would drop trou and point my buttocks in the general direction of the eyewall...
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Working...
                            X