Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postseason roster

Deadline looms

The Cardinals will option a relief pitcher in the next two days to set their postseason roster at 11 pitchers and 14 position players.
    A relief pitcher? Marquis is going to pitch in the postseason?

Troubling. Better repeat that 40-sinker bullpen exercise every other day until Halloween.

At the least, Marquis can be the DH in the WS.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 30 2005, 09:04 AM
      Deadline looms

The Cardinals will option a relief pitcher in the next two days to set their postseason roster at 11 pitchers and 14 position players.
      A relief pitcher? Marquis is going to pitch in the postseason?

Troubling. Better repeat that 40-sinker bullpen exercise every other day until Halloween.
      Optioning the reliever now does not mean Marquis will pitch in the post-season. He probably will, but this move only locks them in to 11 pitchers. Not a specific 11.

Comment

Actually, I hadn't thought about that. They will still have a menu to choose from.

So, like, never mind.

Comment

Yes, you should revisit your complaint when they actually name him to the post-season roster, which they probably will, and you should probably complain about.

Comment

So does Brad Thompson survive the cut and make the post-season roster?
            "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Yes, you should revisit your complaint when they actually name him to the post-season roster, which they probably will, and you should probably complain about.
              Only if you'll back me at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52@Aug 30 2005, 09:00 AM
                For which series?

Comment

I guess September will be Jason's audition for postseason play.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 30 2005, 10:42 AM
                    Only if you'll back me at that time.
                    I got your back, homey!

Comment

Originally posted by kconn+Aug 30 2005, 08:56 AM-->
                      QUOTE(kconn @ Aug 30 2005, 08:56 AM)

I think Thompson will be the one to not make it. He's a rookie.

Tony will want the lefty's of King and Flores and the veteren in Eldred.

I think Marquis makes it due to his versatility and being the better athlete than Thompson.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                      X