Copy Protected Tivo Recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Protected Tivo Recordings

I'm looking at my Tivo list of recorded shows and some have a big red circle where you'd normally check the box to transfer them to the PC. It says "This recording is copy protected and cannot be transfered."

Anyone else noticing this?

WTF

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Aug 29 2005, 10:42 PM
    I'm looking at my Tivo list of recorded shows and some have a big red circle where you'd normally check the box to transfer them to the PC. It says "This recording is copy protected and cannot be transfered."

Anyone else noticing this?

WTF

What shows?
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

DMCA. =[
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

NOTICE: We do not allow for the talk of .tivo file conversion.
        Hello All:

Please take note this this site is here to chat about TiVo related product and services, in this case, in this section, TiVoToGo.

We do not allow for the chat on file conversion to gets around TiVo encryption. This is due to DMCA and we care to have nothing to do with anything that can lead to issues with copy protection and copyright laws.

With the size and reach of this site, we draw a lot of attention throughout the industry. Because of this, we are concerned over any legal action that could be taken on a post you may have made to the site. As a result, not only could we have legal issues created, but so could you for the post made based on the content. In any case, this site would quickly close and that would be a loss for the thousands that visit it daily.

So please, keep on the topic of the TiVo product features and the use of TiVo and kindly keep the decryption and copying of programs off the site. If you are chatting on trascoding into a different format like Sonic does while it still retains the protection, I do not see this as an issue (but will look into it.). But if you talked about removing the protection by file conversion, that is an issue.

Remember...It does not matter if you bought a program that can do it. It does not make it OK to be done if you are still getting around the protection built in by the product.

Thank you kindly for your help and understanding in this matter.
        Hahahaha.

Comment

Working...
        X