X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Money Grab at Busch Continues

Cardinals to sell autograped seatbacks

Cardinals announce sale of autographed seat backs
    Hall of Famers Brock, Musial, Gibson, Schoendienst and Smith to hand number and sign a limited edition seat back from Busch Stadium

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals announced that starting this Thursday, September 1st at 9 a.m. fans will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase through the Cardinals Ticket office a limited edition, authentic, game-used seat back from Busch Stadium that will be hand numbered and personally autographed by Cardinals Hall of Fame Players Stan Musial, Red Schoendienst, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock and Ozzie Smith.
    Several weeks ago, the Cardinals announced that they had stopped taking orders for game used seats from Busch Stadium after selling well over 13,000 pairs. "The demand for seats and other memorabilia from the final season at Busch Stadium has been absolutely tremendous," Vicki Bryant, Vice President of Event Services and Merchandising said. "We have sold out of seats and continue to get calls," Bryant said.

"We are committed to providing our fans the opportunity to share a piece of Cardinals history and we are very proud to offer with the help of our Hall of Fame Players this truly unique, limited edition collectable," Bryant said. A Seat Back is the hard red plastic back that makes up a seat currently used in Busch Stadium. One of the most unique aspects of this offer is that the limited edition will be equal to the total number of Cardinals games played in Busch Stadium, a minimum of 3,222 and a maximum of 3,232 depending upon the number of postseason games played this year.

Bryant expects the demand for the signed seat backs to be very strong. The seat back, signed by all five of the Cardinals living members of the Baseball Hall of Fame is being sold for $599, plus tax, shipping and handling. "This is a tremendous value that collectors and Cardinals fans will cherish for generations to come," Bryant said.

The limited edition, signed seat back will arrive within 6 weeks of the end of the 2005 season. A display easel will accompany the signed seat back. You will also receive a certificate of authenticity from the Cardinals. Because of the size of the limited edition and the tremendous demand for this unique piece, fans will be limited to one seat back per order. The seat back will go on sale at 9 AM on Thursday September 1, 2005. Fans can purchase the seat back on line at www.stlcardinals.com, by phone at 314-421-2400 or at the Cardinals box office.
    I can't wait til the urinals and toilets go on sale.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Elvis,

I believe they already have. Honest to God.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

There is no Cardinal memory that the Country Day Boys can't cash in on.

Anybody got ticket price quotes for New Busch?
      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I don't see the big deal...nobody is forcing people to buy these things. If that's how people want to spend their money, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 29 2005, 12:00 PM
          I don't see the big deal...nobody is forcing people to buy these things. If that's how people want to spend their money, so be it.

Yup. Although a Busch urinal would have dubious value as a conversation piece.
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah+Aug 29 2005, 01:01 PM-->
            QUOTE(kah @ Aug 29 2005, 01:01 PM)

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Aug 29 2005, 01:58 PM
            Elvis,

I believe they already have. Honest to God.
            God help us.

The funny thing is I heard about this on KFNS when I was at lunch and R&R were saying that the seats would be signed by the 5 living Cardinal Hall of Famers; Smith, Gibson, Schoendienst, Musial and Lou Rawls.

I'm thinking when did Lou Rawls ever play for the Cardinals?

Comment

Could the HOFers sign the urinals?
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Aug 29 2005, 02:05 PM
                Lou Rawls would never sign a urinal.

Comment

Originally posted by kah@Aug 29 2005, 02:05 PM
                  Maybe they could get some former Cubs to sign.

Comment

This is no different than a business that is moving/going out of business advertising an "Everything must go" sale where even the fixtures to the place are for sale.

Why do they do this, you ask? Because it saves them money not having to ship/get rid of the fixtures themselves and, if the building is being demolished, it saves on landfill (cleanup) costs.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Aug 29 2005, 01:06 PM-->
                      QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Aug 29 2005, 01:06 PM)

Originally posted by moedrabowsky+Aug 29 2005, 01:10 PM-->
                      QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Aug 29 2005, 01:10 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Shoot_it_Al+Aug 29 2005, 03:00 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Shoot_it_Al @ Aug 29 2005, 03:00 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 01:10 PM
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy+Aug 29 2005, 01:07 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Weird_English_Guy @ Aug 29 2005, 01:07 PM)
                    Working...
                    X