Gall bladder surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gall bladder surgery

Wife is getting hers removed tomorrow morning which is great because we were supposed to leave the state early Thursday morning. It's an outpatient surgery and she's confident she'll be ready to roll Thursday.

Anybody had this recently? If so, how quick was the recovery?

She's had several of these laproscopic deals done but not were for her gall bladder, obviously. All of the others required the day of, and about 2 others before she was feeling well.

I once had a splinter removed from my finger.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

My wife's brother-in-law had his removed 4 days before our wedding, he was able to resume his groomsman's duties with no problem.
      Official Lounge Sponsor:
      The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

my mom was up and running a day or so later, if you are traveling she should be fine

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by Damon@Aug 29 2005, 12:41 PM
          Wife is getting hers removed tomorrow morning which is great because we were supposed to leave the state early Thursday morning. It's an outpatient surgery and she's confident she'll be ready to roll Thursday.

She's had several of these laproscopic deals done but not were for her gall bladder, obviously. All of the others required the day of, and about 2 others before she was feeling well.
          She'll still be bitchy towards you. Moreso, probably, unless they give her shitloads of morphine.

Comment

Bladder?

Is it a future HOF'er?

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by Damon@Aug 29 2005, 12:41 PM

They do it all with "lasers" now so the recovery time is short, she'll just have three tiny incisions where they go in. A friend of mine was back to work 3 days later...she will be fine.

Aaron

Comment

i had it some months ago. went in the morning, got out that afternoon. personally i just didn't feel well or feel like doing much (i also threw up on the nurse after the procedure). i had it on tuesday and finally started eating on friday/saturday. your wife sounds like she's been through these things before and probably recovers better than i do, just let her get plenty of R&R before you leave

ps, i should also note, i didn't take the painkillers, so that could change things as well

Comment

Working...
                X