The Cubs are 20.5 games out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cubs are 20.5 games out

I don't really have anything to say about that.

I just like writing it.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

On paper, they're already qualified for the playoffs!

Fear them, dammit!

Comment

Where is GS99 to weigh in with his "Fear the 'Stros" views?

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

They still have a shot, though, don't they?

No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
        President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
        President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by mw.2@Aug 29 2005, 08:01 AM
          They still have a shot, though, don't they?

So do the Reds.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski@Aug 29 2005, 08:59 AM
            Where is GS99 to weigh in with his "Fear the 'Stros" views?

The 'home' only lets it's patients surf the web after dinner. He's making potholders right now.

Comment

Is it too much to hope the Cubs finish last? They're 8 1/2 games ahead of Pittsburgh.
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Code:
                Average wins by position in NL Central:  99.3 86.4 81.7 78.6 75.0 68.8
                NL Central        W    L    Pct3  Avg W  Avg L  Champions  Wild Card   Playoffs
                Cardinals         81   48   .558   99.1   62.9   99.77325     .19864   99.97189
                Astros            68   60   .527   85.9   76.1     .22350   24.52835   24.75185
                Brewers           64   65   .490   80.8   81.2     .00235    1.12245    1.12480
                Cubs              61   67   .527   79.2   82.8     .00085     .30885     .30970
                Reds              60   68   .473   75.6   86.4     .00005     .00819     .00824
                Pirates           54   75   .442   69.1   92.9     .00000     .00000     .00000
                They're still in it!

Comment

I just picked up tickets to the game on Monday!
                  Feb. 08, 2005
                  Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                  Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                  Originally posted by Airshark
                  NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

And again;

C - Completely
                    U- Useless
                    B - By
                    S - September
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I have tickets for next Tuesday's game.

I am almost pissed these pathetic losers are so far out of it. Oh well, will watch the game with my bro...have a couple beers and just enjoy baseball.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Cue Guppy's avatar!

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

It's okay, we have a win streak coming up in the form of a seiries vs you guys.
                          Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Aug 29 2005, 09:49 AM
                            if only you could play us the rest of the way, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Aug 29 2005, 10:49 AM

One might expect to drop a game or two when the lineup is featuring 4 AAAA players.
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X