Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Cards reduce their magic # by 1 per day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Cards reduce their magic # by 1 per day...

...they will clinch the Central Division at none other than Wrigley field in a little under 3 weeks.

I'd love to see a celebration there...
    Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Holy crap, that would be fantastic.
    The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Let's hope they do it sooner.

Maybe we'll have even more key players and pitchers out, so Dusty and his band of thugs won't try to hurt/bean us.

Comment

My brother just mentioned this possibility to me earlier today.

Salt in the wounds, that would be.
        Of course you do.

Comment

That would be excellent..I hope that Zambrano would be on the mound as well..that would make it doubley sweet.

My only concern is that at the current pace of things..I fear Dustah may not be coaching there next season..and that would not be good.

Comment

I really would like to see them celebrate at Wrigley but they still need to make sure they get home field locked up over the Braves. Then I'll fell better. Until the playoffs start and I develop an ulcer or two.
            Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker@Aug 28 2005, 10:40 PM
              I really would like to see them celebrate at Wrigley but they still need to make sure they get home field locked up over the Braves.  Then I'll fell better.  Until the playoffs start and I develop an ulcer or two.
              Not too concerned about that. If the Cards even just go 16-15 in their last 31 games, the Braves would be forced to attain a 25-7 mark just to match us. The Braves have been good, but not that good.

All the Cards have to do is just to not go into a prolonged slump. And if we can shut out the Nats on back-to-back days without throwing one of out top 4 starters, in the words of Stephen A. Smith, quite frankly, I'm not too fuckin' worried.

Comment

Originally posted by TarHeelBlues@Aug 28 2005, 10:31 PM
                ...they will clinch the Central Division at none other than Wrigley field in a little under 3 weeks.

I'd love to see a celebration there...
                I dunno, it may not be as likely as you think......The Cards have a 3 game series with Houston in that span, and the number could drop 2 for each of those games, correct? On top of that, Houston also plays Florida and Philly in the same stretch.

The number could hit 0 a lot sooner. I'm not ruling it out, but I'd take the under if I was betting.

Comment

Originally posted by TarHeelBlues+Aug 28 2005, 07:46 PM-->
                  QUOTE(TarHeelBlues @ Aug 28 2005, 07:46 PM)

I would rather see them clinch in front of a home crowd. But if they have to do it on the road, Wrigley would be great.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

All I care about is Albert winning the Triple Crown

and

Playing the Padres in the first round.

The latter seems much more possible right now.

Go Astros.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeptic@Aug 28 2005, 10:54 PM
                      All I care about is Albert winning the Triple Crown

and

Playing the Padres in the first round.

The latter seems much more possible right now.

Go Astros.
                      Albert won't win the crown. He's falling too far off of Andruw's torrid pace.

And, I think you're right, we probably will be playing the Padres. Despite Houston's struggles, the unbalanced schedule will help them down the stretch (as opposed to the cannibalization of the East), setting up a Houston-Atlanta rematch, while we yet again get to beat up on a team from Southern California.

From there, I think we all know what's likely to happen: rematch time.

Comment

Jake Peavy and Brian Giles scare me in a 5 game series.
                        In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Please, let it be Wrigley. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Brosnan2715@Aug 28 2005, 08:01 PM
                            Jake Peavy and Brian Giles scare me in a 5 game series.
                            Peavy Vs. Carpenter, I'll take Carp. Giles is one guy. I saw SD up close and personal at their house and was not impressed. It will likely be a sweep, 4 games at the very most.
                            Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Comment

Working...
                            X