Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou QB depth chart

From GWatson of the P-D.

I'd be surprised if they burn this kid's redshirt with Brad Smith playing, but you never know.

Freshman quarterback Chase Daniel has moved to second string on the depth chart above junior Brandon Coleman and redshirt freshman Chase Patton.

Daniel had a stellar showing in the team's final scrimmage on Thursday, completing 84 percent of his passes and leading the scrimmage's only two scoring drives.

TE Chase Coffman has also been promoted to second string behind sophomore starter Martin Rucker. Coach Gary Pinkel had spoken highly of Coffman over the last week and tight ends coach Bruce Walker said that the coaching staff was impressed with Chase's hands and maturity.

Sophomore RB Marcus Woods stays at first string and sophomore Tony Temple will back him up.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Well, even if they suck on the field...

Mizzou should be #1 in the country in the "Team With The Most Guys Named Chase" category...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I think this kid could be something special.

Hoepfully, the Tigers can put some guys around him to help.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Aren't you even a little concerned that a freshman is one Brad Smith twisted ankle from controlling the destiny of your season, especially considering that last year's prized QB recruit can't seem to beat him out? The kid may end up being a great player (I have no reason to believe anything other than that), but I don't see this as good news for the Tigers.

FWIW, KU's kind of going through the same thing, though Mangino seems unwilling to promote the kid past third string despite reports that's he's doing well in practice.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

[quote=dvyyyyyy,Aug 28 2005, 11:32 AM]
          From GWatson of the P-D.

I'd be surprised if they burn this kid's redshirt with Brad Smith playing, but you never know.

Freshman quarterback Chase Daniel has moved to second string on the depth chart above junior Brandon Coleman and redshirt freshman Chase Patton.

Daniel had a stellar showing in the team's final scrimmage on Thursday, completing 84 percent of his passes and leading the scrimmage's only two scoring drives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, who would have ever guessed?
          Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

What high school did he go to?

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Aug 28 2005, 07:20 PM
              What high school did he go to?

Isn't he the one from Southlake-Carroll in Dallas?

They were/are number one in Texas, and many considered them number one in the country last year...
              " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

[quote=nick2,Aug 28 2005, 06:18 PM]
                Originally posted by dvyyyyyy,Aug 28 2005, 11:32 AM
                From GWatson of the P-D.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not you. Didn't you predict Brad Smith would be moved to wideout?
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

[quote=dvyyyyyy,Aug 28 2005, 08:54 PM]
                  Originally posted by nick2,Aug 28 2005, 06:18 PM
                  From GWatson of the P-D.

http://sportlounge.net/forum/index.php?sho...=21041&hl=chase

Forgot about that one.

Comment

good times, good times.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Aug 28 2005, 09:28 PM-->
                      QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Aug 28 2005, 09:28 PM)

why did everyone name their kids chase 18-20 years ago?
                      Time for change

Comment

[quote=dvyyyyyy,Aug 28 2005, 07:54 PM]
                        Originally posted by nick2,Aug 28 2005, 06:18 PM
                        From GWatson of the P-D.

No, I didn't predict". I strongly recommended moving Smith. I did so thinking that maybe, just maybe, Smith might be interested in the NFL. IMO, even if he was lucky enough to be drafted (in a late round) by an NFL team, Smith would soon find himself in an Eric Crouch situation.

I like Brad Smith as an very talented athlete. I think Chase Daniel will be a better QB at Mizzou.

Better for Smith ... better for Daniel ... better for Mizzou.
                        Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Originally posted by Zythrst@Aug 29 2005, 03:40 AM
                          why did everyone name their kids chase 18-20 years ago?
                          Most popular baby names of the 1980's

Not even in the top 40 -- which make MU's feat of landing 2 of them all the more remarkable.
                          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by phantom+Aug 29 2005, 07:16 AM-->
                            QUOTE(phantom @ Aug 29 2005, 07:16 AM)
                          Working...
                          X