Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Road from Bristol

http://www.braves.net/bravesjournal/bristol/

Forgive me if this has been posted before. But some dude with a weblog is running this contest to see who is the worst ESPN television personality. It was a 64-person NCAA-style tournament which is now down to the final: Stuart Scott vs. Skp Bayless.

Laugh-out-loud funny.

MICHAEL POWELL, FORMER HEAD, FCC: When we were considering regulating cable television broadcasts, "1st And 10" was always the first example anyone gave.

SMITTY: On "First and Ten," when Skip has to go three-and-out, wouldn't it be great if they brought in Mr.T to punt Skip?

DJCOLTS: He has a sour lemon-face when he talks. He makes Woody Paige look sympathetic on Cold Pizza. He makes Stephen A. Smith look reasonable in Old School/Nu Skool because he's wrong so often and so obnoxious in his pathetic, whiny arguments (this is a HOF accomplishment in terms of this bracket - no one else can do that - and I'll expand on this in the next round when the real championship will be decided). He makes Dan Shanoff of Daily Quickie fame look like a Pultizer Prize winner compared to his ridiculously lousy columns.

CULT OF BASEBAAL: PRUNE OF E-VIL!

CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP

PRUNE OF E-VIL!

CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP

FOWLER: What does the future hold for Skip Bayless? Will his skull pop out of his skin? Will he bring about Armageddon? Will the ESPN facilities in New York burn down mysteriously? Only time will tell. For SportsCentury, I'm Chris Fowler.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

FOWLER: He hosted "Monday Night Countdown" with Michael Irvin.

STUART: He's a gangsta.

IRVIN: Flarph nangle cokle. Stok tusin reebleprowser! Ha ha!

FOWLER: "Stump The Schwab", with The Schwab.

HOWIE SCHWAB: I still can't believe I'm on TV.

FOWLER: He did sideline reporting at the NBA Finals.

JIM GRAY: I was talking to Kobe earlier, and he thinks that Stuart Scott is a worse sideline reporter than me.

GAVIN: Random NBA sideline bit, "Yo, booyah, talkin' to my g Ben Wallace and was like, bam, how bout that defense and he was all right back at ya, give me a fist bump!"

FOWLER: And movie roles.

LINDSAY LOHAN: Stuart made me laugh when he was on the set. Of course, I was totally wasted.

FOWLER: Even an "ESPN: The Magazine" column.

RIP: Mr Scott's espn the magazine column is written in 20 seconds.

FOWLER: What does the future hold for Stu Scott? Well, Mark Shapiro is gone, but the odds are that ESPN will add more game shows, and more reality shows, and more "original entertainment programming". And Stu Scott will always be there to add his own special je ne sais quois. For "SportsCentury", I'm Chris Fowler.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Working...
    X